riots new payment system isnt secure. dont use it.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

kdHuCoB8S3

08-20-2013

inb4 thread deletion / moved to off topic.

Frosthaven

08-20-2013

I've said it before and I'll say it again - we aren't the target. Riot is. Don't make yourself a target and you will be fine~

vamp21

08-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frosthaven View Post
I've said it before and I'll say it again - we aren't the target. Riot is. Don't make yourself a target and you will be fine~
dis

Vesh

Game Designer

08-20-2013
2 of 2 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by orghak 6 View Post
How do we know we can actually trust you? There have been so many false Riot posts on this issue it's nauseating.

i.e. http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com...=#post40782722

All of those claimed to be Rioters, their posts were not only vague and misleading, like yours, but they may even have been posted by the hacker himself. They were even proven false with the recent announcement. Not to mention they were mysteriously deleted.

You're only fueling the hysteria by trying to minimize it. Be warned GD, this issue has led to many contradictions and "mistakes" on Riot's part. Take Red posts on this issue with a grain of salt.

A Red has seemingly confirmed that the hacker got into those Rioter's accounts and posted those comments. Thanks for telling us about it when it happened Riot.

Oh wait, you didn't. Instead your mods deleted all posts and threads that tried to bring it up. This secrecy is not normal, and we both know it.
The red forum accounts in the initial post were compromised. We had to delete the thread because it contained misinformation that was causing confusion. We've since verified the security of all currently active red accounts.

We tried to let you guys know that we were looking into this with our initial post but we could have been more clear about what "disruptive activity" we were referring to:
http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com....php?t=3774594

The goal was not to be secretive - it was to ensure we had complete and accurate information before we fired off any red posts. We apologize if this created concern and confusion instead.

Skyhawke

08-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gum Cuzzlin View Post
So if you live in California. Know your privacy law.

http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/vctop/app...civ1798_82.htm
Dude. From your link:
Quote:
e) For purposes of this section, “personal information” means an individual’s first name or first initial and last name in combination with any one or more of the following data elements, when either the name or the data elements are not encrypted:

(1) Social security number.

(2) Driver’s license number or California Identification Card number.

(3) Account number, credit or debit card number, in combination with any required security code, access code, or password that would permit access to an individual’s financial account.

(4) Medical information.

(5) Health insurance information.
Which of those five things are being provided here?

Also, why are you linking an article from the DMV?

EDIT: Since Vesh posted while I was posting, I just wanted to thank him and Riot for continuing to provide us with more information.

AntiSkillshot

08-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamp21 View Post
who's worried about passwords, we're worried about credit card information.
The smart ones that don't own Credit Cards/use their cards on the internet.

Master Yi is UP

08-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vesh View Post
The red forum accounts in the initial post were compromised. We had to delete the thread because it contained misinformation that was causing confusion. We've since verified the security of all currently active red accounts.

We tried to let you guys know that we were looking into this with our initial post but we could have been more clear about what "disruptive activity" we were referring to:

The goal was not to be secretive - it was to ensure we had complete and accurate information before we fired off any red posts. We apologize if this created concern and confusion instead.
Thank you. That confirmation would've been very helpful about 7 say ago.

orghak 6

08-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vesh View Post

That's a much better reply. Unfortunately I'm worried that you guys care more about keeping the masses calm and saving face than actually doing anything about PVP and his somewhat magical ability to access info at will.

Just Mid

08-20-2013

You guys can all make it up to us by releasing quality content within 10 years this time <3

Repede Lambert

08-20-2013

Okay, seriously, for those of you who are legit scared that your credit card or personal information was jeopardized by some hacker or leak... maybe you should quit using the internet, as just being ONLINE is already a risk to your personal information if some hacker so chooses. Most cases of hackers taking personal information are either from those who become WAY too careless with their information and/or credit cards, a random act of ******baggery from someone who doesn't care about others and will make a profit from it, or someone who is seeking revenge/lol's for some reason or another. So please calm down, I 100% positive riot is taking this seriously, as I doubt it's their business model to worry their customer base.

P.S. Even if they ARE trying to save face, it doesn't mean that they aren't trying to find out what happened and get it under control ASAP. Personally, I'd rather them find out what happened, deal with it, and then inform the masses. Taking the time to answer every bodies worries isn't helping solve anything.