Security Update Discussion

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Chager

Producer

08-20-2013
6 of 13 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valenten View Post
When i logged into my account today i didnt get prompted to change my account unless its only on the forums?
The mandatory password reset is not active yet, but within the next 24 hours we will activate it. Any passwords changed since the end of the maintenance earlier this morning will not be subject to the change as they would have to use the new PW restrictions.

Jiggybuns

08-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chager View Post
The mandatory password reset is not active yet, but within the next 24 hours we will activate it. Any passwords changed since the end of the maintenance earlier this morning will not be subject to the change as they would have to use the new PW restrictions.

At what point will accounts that were sent to LAS as "punishment" by the "hacker" be returned to NA?

I've not been updated by Riot support all day on my ticket.

Jayarrrrr

08-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenXylaphone View Post
Why are you people downvoting Chager? He is trying to help.
Because it took them several DAYS to come out with an official announcement that said "we are aware of the situation" and that was it. Prior to this thread being posted, several people were banned, and hundreds of threads were deleted regarding the matter, giving the feeling of Riot trying to sweep the whole matter under the rug. It is just horrible customer support/HR and Riot has been known for that since I started playing. This company has a great game, however they apparently do not know how to handle the aspect of proper and adequate community interaction.

FrozenXylaphone

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayarrrrr View Post
Because it took them several DAYS to come out with an official announcement that said "we are aware of the situation" and that was it. Prior to this thread being posted, several people were banned, and hundreds of threads were deleted regarding the matter, giving the feeling of Riot trying to sweep the whole matter under the rug. It is just horrible customer support/HR and Riot has been known for that since I started playing. This company has a great game, however they apparently do not know how to handle the aspect of proper and adequate community interaction.
This is the way the real world works. You don't see an issue an magically know exactly what happened. You have to read logs, debug, theorycraft, test and find out what happened.
What you expect is that Riot is Super Sherlock Holmes and sees dead body, calls the killer and tells him to turn himself in as the police are already at his apartment.
That isn't how real life works.

Kijitow

08-20-2013

Quote:
Great post. Some transparency on these issues would do a great deal to build the trust of the community. The more time that progresses the less Riot seems to want to work with the playerbase, and it's kind of frustrating to watch.

Ohzias

08-20-2013

So how are you suppose to removed credit card stuff if your account is banned temporarily... Riot strikes again.

Jiggybuns

08-20-2013

Quote:
This is the way the real world works. You don't see an issue an magically know exactly what happened. You have to read logs, debug, theorycraft, test and find out what happened.
What you expect is that Riot is Super Sherlock Holmes and sees dead body, calls the killer and tells him to turn himself in as the police are already at his apartment.
I'd settle for them acknowledging the fact that my account was transferred from NA to LAS by the guy behind the breach because I made fun of him in a forum thread, and that until everyone updates their PWs, this could also happen to them.

Then I'd like my account moved back to NA.

I'd also like some honesty about what CC info is linked, as Vamp's post clearly refutes the red post in this thread about the 2011 cutoff. See my post 2 spots down from that red post for the pic.

Jayarrrrr

08-20-2013

Quote:
You have Riot-blinders on.

All most of us ask for is a simple red post that says we are aware of the issue after the issue presents itself, without the nazi mod crew banning, muting, suspending, deleting, removing, and editing threads about it while they wait for an actual response. These mods have the time to manipulate all these posts, yet don't have the time to make a short post saying we are aware, and are going to investigate? Give me a break.

Skyhawke

08-20-2013

Quote:
You have Riot-blinders on.

All most of us ask for is a simple red post that says we are aware of the issue after the issue presents itself, without the nazi mod crew banning, muting, suspending, deleting, removing, and editing threads about it while they wait for an actual response. These mods have the time to manipulate all these posts, yet don't have the time to make a short post saying we are aware, and are going to investigate? Give me a break.
They did say they were aware of the issue and that they were investigating further.

slamor

08-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chager View Post
@FrozenXylaphone - because the folks that crafted the message know best I'm going to quote this directly from the news post

"What we know: usernames, email addresses, salted password hashes, and some first and last names were accessed. This means that the password files are unreadable, but players with easily guessable passwords are vulnerable to account theft."
I think you are assuming people read the article on salted password hashes.