Security Update Discussion

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MrFloss

08-20-2013

I have a question about the AMEX serve. I just signed up for it before I changed the password on my account. I used my old password for the AMEX login, do I need to tell AMEX my new password or how does this LoL password change affect (if at all) the AMEX account.

Also, does this incident affect Paypal users? Since I know PP uses a separate login?
Thanks.

laserblast

08-20-2013

Where is our rp compensation for this mishap?

Chager

Producer

08-20-2013
5 of 13 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenXylaphone View Post
Chager

If we deleted our credit card from our account after transactions, would they still be compromised?

When I use mine, I delete it from account after I get my receipt and transaction id.
Just to clarify, only a subset of old transactions from mid 2011 was accessed. We are continuing to investigate about what info was accessed. Since July 2011 we don't collect any payment card info on any Riot servers.

Gum Cuzzlin

08-20-2013

Why is this discussion hid from the General Public?

EDIT: NVM Riot actually used a forum tool and made it a sticky.

KushMasterZ

08-20-2013

Is anyone else having problems trying to update? My progress stop at 33% and says applying patches. It stops more specifically at update 1/2 at "Akali.mp3". Really starting to annoy me...wtf

Jiggybuns

08-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chager View Post
Just to clarify, only a subset of old transactions from mid 2011 was accessed. We are continuing to investigate about what info was accessed. Since July 2011 we don't collect any payment card info on any Riot servers.
This is false information. See attached image. Vamp's compromised account contained purchase history from 2012.

FrozenXylaphone

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-20-2013

Why are you people downvoting Chager? He is trying to help.

Valenten

08-20-2013

When i logged into my account today i didnt get prompted to change my account unless its only on the forums?

ToasterTank

08-20-2013

I've already sent a support ticket, but I just want an awnser, i am still logged into the LoL website (obviously, as im typing this reply), but i cant log into the game. I tried to change my password as per request of the security update, and now neither my old nor new one work (though i suspect its because when i tried to change it i either got "incorrect password" or "error". Can you shed any light onto this? I'd like to play league without having to grind to 30 and G5 again

Kom

08-20-2013

I wasn't prompted to change my password when I logged in, so I went to the site and changed it myself manually. I also saw the email bit so I changed the linked email as well but it was having issues and not sure if it actually changed anything. Anyway, curious what the situation is with our information that was stolen and if anything is going to be done in form of compensation to people who have been compromised (pretty much all of NA) / have actually had their accounts hacked due to this.