I hope Riot directly notifies credit card companies about the compromised creditcards

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

falkenjeff

08-20-2013

http://beta.na.leagueoflegends.com/e...password-reset

I left this comment on the page (and in a support ticket):

1) Why don't you directly notify the credit card companies, and have them cancel the cards on their end. My card got "compromised" by some unstated reason and my Mastercard company issued me a new one without telling me why. A game as big a LoL should warrant the same action that they take when a convenience store or something similar gets compromised. This also saves you if people have invalid email addresses on file, but still use those old cards, as the credit card company will deal with it directly. -----------

2) Yes, the cards are hashed, but I'm sure the script kiddie who stole them can hire someone more skilled to crack them, since cracking those produces REAL MONEY for the hackers. ----------

3) I'd also like to say that you guys handled this whole situation VERY poorly. This has been going on for 1 or 2 weeks now? And you just NOW admit what really happened and what is compromised? Players have been directly talking to this hacker, and the bad PR is EVERYWHERE, especially when you were trying to cover it all up and keep it hush hush.

falkenjeff

08-20-2013

oh by the way, anyone who has been here for a while might have a compromised credit card ^_^

AquaBlader

08-20-2013

That takes effort.

12v

08-20-2013

assumes that 99% of the people who were "affected" were accounts not banned since 2011 by Tribunal punish spam.

MrFloss

08-20-2013

Does it affect Paypal accounts as well?

falkenjeff

08-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFloss View Post
Does it affect Paypal accounts as well?
I don't know, ask Riot or your Credit Card Company.

falkenjeff

08-20-2013

bump for lolz