So you're planning to "Scaridize" talon?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sona Kisses

08-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khristophoros View Post
Instant silence that outranges most abilities which forces Talon's target to receive his full burst before they can do anything. That is the definition of no counterplay.
What the... Go queue with Pikachu and let the big boys talk.

Aeon Aced

08-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuz1972 View Post
So you've found away (switch to mr for casters) to counter play everyone in the game. Might as well say "Stay away from him" as a counter play.
1.Not everyone is bad against bruisers.
2.Not everyone has a ****ty early.
3.Seekers doesn't counter everyone.
4.Oracles doesn't counter everyone.
5.Staying behind your front line if your a squishie is better than staying away from him.
6.Silence doesn't counter everyone. For example, if I silence the Ashe, it wont do much since she's 1.AA dependent, and 2.Prob already has her Q on.

All your doing is just dismissing his counters saying "Oh, that counters everyone" Not necessarily, and even then, it counters him more so that a good amount of people.

Insoy

08-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sona Kisses View Post
What the... Go queue with Pikachu and let the big boys talk.
Shots fired.

Diamonesd

08-20-2013

They had morello test him. Yeah, that is gonna do something. Morello is silver 4. what the **** does he know about mechanics?

Aeon Aced

08-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by rathy Aro View Post
Not of that is counterplay except maybe zhonya's since its an active. Listen to the word counter (ok I think you get this part) PLAY (this is where I think you're getting lost). Buying an item in the shop is not a PLAY. Is this becoming clear now?
Your playing the game and clicking an item is part of the game.
Hence "PLAY"

Gespens

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroAnubisPain View Post
Except that 1.They still could, and many people advised that. Especially since, IMO, armor was a lot better than it is now. And 2.We're talking about now, not the past.

Also, the oracles comment is true too.
So I could start with an item that built into nothing in my build, just so I can not explode to a person in lane? Please, tell me more on how I was actually countering him instead of setting myself back gold.

If we are talking about the now, then we forget that Talon's combo actually does more damage than before since they fixed the Cutthroat bug.

And you can't start oracles, and unless you plan on roaming a lot, getting it during laning phase is ill advised.

Borigrad

08-20-2013

I wish people like Scarizard and Xypherous and Phreak would stop saying "he has a high win rate." Yes he has a high win rate in normals, a place where people suck and don't run armor runes.

The fact you claim talon has low counter play is a joke, the only reason he is forced to have such a reliable gap closer is cause of how overpowered ranged is in this game. They all have escapes, they all have cc, and they are ranged, melee barely function anymore.

Also you want to talk about low counter play, the **** is the counter play to a champion like Lissandra, Elise, Zac or Ahri. You try to engage on them, they cc you, burst you for half your health and dash away. Lissandra is literally making melee champions unviable just by herself, for just existing. Yet you talk about counter play against melee champions in league of legends. What a joke.

Aeon Aced

08-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gespens View Post
So I could start with an item that built into nothing in my build, just so I can not explode to a person in lane? Please, tell me more on how I was actually countering him instead of setting myself back gold.

And you can't start oracles, and unless you plan on roaming a lot, getting it during laning phase is ill advised.
"I don't want to buy mr on my adc because it doesn't build into my I.E, Botrk, BT, or PD. NO COUNTERPLAY"

And you didn't need to start an oracles. Oracles are more of a late game counter to him more than an early.

CaptnJakSparrow

08-20-2013

How to counter Talon, even before Seeker's Arm Guard: See Talon, switch to ap rune set with more armor, instead of MR. Switch masteries up a bit. Then, pick Annie. Grab cloth with 5 pots, max Q but prioritize E over W, profit. Or, you can do the same thing with Viktor, and Cass, and de mordekaiser. Honestly, there are lot of champions that benefit from him jumping into your face. Just 90% of you are too stuck in same old masteries, and same old runes regardless of which champion you face.

Borigrad

08-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gespens View Post
Zhonya's doesn't fit into your build, you mean the most overpowered item in the game. The one that with a click of a button stops all forms of initiation and summoner spells. What?

Quote:
If we are talking about the now, then we forget that Talon's combo actually does more damage than before since they fixed the Cutthroat bug.
At level 18, rank 5 cut throat it does more damage. Just stop and learn how to do basic elementary math.