A Wild Knifecat Appears! (Rengar Discussion)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vulcanicmist

Senior Member

08-18-2013

Ok in a way I don't mind the no stealth buy why take all his ferocity when he uses his ult?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RosieBroDonnell

Senior Member

08-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taint Misbehavin View Post
idk what Smite is, but firstly, that's irrelevant, secondly, it sounds pretty stupid.

and yes, high-powered bullets can in fact pass through targets. go shoot someone in the head with a .357 Magnum or a shotgun slug and tell me if the bullet stops in their head.

actually no, don't do that. just take my word for it (or try with a watermelon or something).
but they can pass through 5 people, and lets assume that a mordekaiser buys a thornmail and a randuins and with all that armor it still passes through. how thematically accurate is this game? thats my point. ur trying to start a stupid argument. no way can someone shoot as many bullets as MF shoots with her 2 guns in a cone like MF does. this game is not accurate cuz its a ****in game. if riot wants to make a bola go thru targets they can cuz its a ****in game. u need to find something else to do other than start a ****in argument on the internet.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SteelWithIt

Junior Member

08-18-2013

I think that the changes will slow down the instagibbing on Rengar.
WHICH IS FAIR. But it seems like he'll still be a strong pick overall since some of the changes seem more for balance.

I really feel bad for Skarizard since everyone is pissed at him for trying to balance the stealth issue which I agree made him a bit hard to beat (COME AT ME, I MAIN RENGAR FOR THE STEALTH INSTAGIBBING). So I think I'll try my hand at offering constructive criticism.

Why not make it similar to Nocturne or Fiddlesticks where they have a warning or a debuff when he's on their ass. Hell, maybe even growling that grows in volume with proximity, I don't know, I'm not that creative

. I do think that stealth needs to stay in though. If they decide that there's no way to keep it fair I would be curious to TRY the new Rengar ult with the whole, sprinting through the woods, feel. But I'm a Rengar fan, not a Kha'Zix one. I'm not overly fond of change. But I, more or less, trust the devs on this one.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mango027

Senior Member

08-18-2013

Have you guys decided to scrap this yet?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Taint Misbehavin

Senior Member

08-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieBroDonnell View Post
but they can pass through 5 people, and lets assume that a mordekaiser buys a thornmail and a randuins and with all that armor it still passes through. how thematically accurate is this game? thats my point. ur trying to start a stupid argument. no way can someone shoot as many bullets as MF shoots with her 2 guns in a cone like MF does. this game is not accurate cuz its a ****in game. if riot wants to make a bola go thru targets they can cuz its a ****in game. u need to find something else to do other than start a ****in argument on the internet.
the irony in this post....


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

lightdragoon88

Senior Member

08-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulcanicmist View Post
Ok in a way I don't mind the no stealth buy why take all his ferocity when he uses his ult?

His ult will still charge ferocity while he his in ult mode.


But if you had full ferocity when you ult...that point was useless. So by giving it where it takes all his ferocity to increase his time in that mode then even if you have full ferocity or not you still get the benefit of Rengar gaining free ferocity while in his ult.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

lightdragoon88

Senior Member

08-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieBroDonnell View Post
but they can pass through 5 people, and lets assume that a mordekaiser buys a thornmail and a randuins and with all that armor it still passes through. how thematically accurate is this game? thats my point. ur trying to start a stupid argument. no way can someone shoot as many bullets as MF shoots with her 2 guns in a cone like MF does. this game is not accurate cuz its a ****in game. if riot wants to make a bola go thru targets they can cuz its a ****in game. u need to find something else to do other than start a ****in argument on the internet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGpJOfWNqtk


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RosieBroDonnell

Senior Member

08-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taint Misbehavin View Post
the irony in this post....
lol i didnt start it, u did. wheres the irony, im trying to talk about rengar and possible changes that can be made. you came on to here just to argue. its not productive and you need to take your mediocre debating skills somewhere else buddy


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

lightdragoon88

Senior Member

08-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieBroDonnell View Post
lol i didnt start it, u did. wheres the irony, im trying to talk about rengar and possible changes that can be made. you came on to here just to argue. its not productive and you need to take your mediocre debating skills somewhere else buddy

You should take your own advice.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Taint Misbehavin

Senior Member

08-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieBroDonnell View Post
lol i didnt start it, u did. wheres the irony, im trying to talk about rengar and possible changes that can be made. you came on to here just to argue. its not productive and you need to take your mediocre debating skills somewhere else buddy
look, man. i'm sorry that you're mad that you can't understand the difference between stretching/tweaking realism for fantastic effect and taking something else and making it into something that it is not, yet still wanting to call it the same thing.

again, going back to the Caitlyn example. say you took 90 Calibre Net and removed it's slow effect. now all it does is do damage. at that point, what is the point of it even being a net, since it doesn't do what a net does? might as well just be another projectile/different kind of shot or bullet.

a bola is a snare. it doesn't pass through people. bullets do. i'm sorry you can't understand the difference.

i'm not here to pick fights. i'm here for the same reasons you say you are. i'm simply pointing out that your suggestion/the suggestion you are defending makes no sense. if you want it to pass through people, fine. but it shouldn't be a bola anymore. it should be something like a spear or a shoulder-mounted laser cannon (if we really want to mimic the Predator so closely). bolas don't do that.
i suggest you take your own advice.