A Wild Knifecat Appears! (Rengar Discussion)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RadiantWings

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-18-2013

I have a suggestion for Rengar's ultimate.

Make it a two charge system, each charge giving an MS boost, unseen predator and Ferocity generation and stacking in duration.

Now here's the kicker: Rengar will only stealth and gain reveal if he uses a charge while in the brush. This means that for warding purposes, as long as you have the brush in certain ganks spots typical of characters like Zac or Shaco, you can easily prevent Rengar ganks with only sight wards.

HOWEVER, it also rewards Rengars who play smart. If you gank enemies without using your ult, it means that you now have two extra jumps for those pesky ADCs with escapes. With the change to Rengar's attack pattern he needs extra sticking power and this would give it to him.

Spookgetti

08-18-2013

So can we get a refund once this drops. Cause to be honest, this is the worst rework riots made. And no one likes it, but riot isn't gonna listen to player feedback, so.. Can i has me RP back :C, for rengar and his skin :C?

RosieBroDonnell

08-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taint Misbehavin View Post
except that is retarded. have you ever thrown/seen a real bola? it's made to entangle the target it hits. realistically, a bola could never hit multiple targets, much less pass through them. if that mechanic is what you desire, then you would need to change it thematically as well, because it would no longer be a bola. that's like taking Caitlyn's net and having it pass through multiple enemies. makes no sense thematically.
in smite, xbalanque throws a bola and multiple bolas bounce out after the 1st one hits. who cares. and catilyn's Q shoots a big bullet that can pass thru units? thats thematically accurate too i guess. And mf's R shoots like 100 bullets that pass through units too, thats thematically accurate? If it was, they would only hit the first enemy hit and stop there.

Muggshott

08-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taint Misbehavin View Post
except that is retarded. have you ever thrown/seen a real bola? it's made to entangle the target it hits. realistically, a bola could never hit multiple targets, much less pass through them. if that mechanic is what you desire, then you would need to change it thematically as well, because it would no longer be a bola. that's like taking Caitlyn's net and having it pass through multiple enemies. makes no sense thematically.
Well... it's a bola. You actually have a line up a bola pretty well along the throw line to actually entangle your target or you just bop them with the weights letting the contraption fall to the ground. It doesn't make sense as a skillshot at all if you want to talk physics unless you have a set of sweetspots where the slow activates based on the bola's rotation.

Besides, it'd make perfect sense for a net to ensnare a small group at the area of impact if the net was large enough and encompassed them. Sure, they'd pull it off faster as a group, but thematically it could easily detonate on its target into a burst rather than being a single-target skillshot.

Crispe

08-18-2013

I loved building him bruiser at first, it felt balanced and fun, and it gave him a amazing ability to start teamfights and survive due to his W's Armor and MR. However, now it feels like all the W should be used for is healing, and that the rest of his spells have taken a back-seat in survivability because the damage output isn't enough to make it worthwhile.

NoChaps

08-18-2013

Why is Rengar getting a rework? He is fine leave him alone. If you don't believe me I will show you.

calumniateTruth

08-18-2013

The worst part about the change to his R is that it is a huge movement speed buff that just disappears the moment that you engage. Other assassins with this like Yi can go in and go out with his speed but Rengar is a single target assassin that can burst anyone down anymore due to his q nerf who can just be CC'd and killed with no effort at all.

Flamenecross

08-18-2013

Why change Rengar? Honestly you have buffed him in no way, though you may believe you have, he is not Rengar anymore he is just another Bruiser. Why do you release stealth champs at all if you feel the need to nerf each one as he comes along and is actually used? Also Rengar's all in at level 2 is what gave him his snow balling because it gave him the burst he needed to win fights, since in most cases he loses drawn out engagements. Also the whole using R to escape is now better is a bad argument. Most Rengar players used their ult to stalk their target, or appear to have left to come back and kill the enemy. Also I thought we were trying to move away from the hard disengage it gave to split push Rengar, so why is one of your justifications for this change that he can runaway with more ease?
Just my 2 cence.

lightdragoon88

08-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteICoconut View Post
So can we get a refund once this drops. Cause to be honest, this is the worst rework riots made. And no one likes it, but riot isn't gonna listen to player feedback, so.. Can i has me RP back :C, for rengar and his skin :C?

Quit acting like this is set in stone.

He already posted that he understand the point of the stealth and will try to work it back in.

And that not all.

All of the things he posted can and will change.

Taint Misbehavin

08-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieBroDonnell View Post
in smite, xbalanque throws a bola and multiple bolas bounce out after the 1st one hits. who cares. and catilyn's Q shoots a big bullet that can pass thru units? thats thematically accurate too i guess. And mf's R shoots like 100 bullets that pass through units too, thats thematically accurate? If it was, they would only hit the first enemy hit and stop there.
idk what Smite is, but firstly, that's irrelevant, secondly, it sounds pretty stupid.

and yes, high-powered bullets can in fact pass through targets. go shoot someone in the head with a .357 Magnum or a shotgun slug and tell me if the bullet stops in their head.

actually no, don't do that. just take my word for it (or try with a watermelon or something).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muggshott View Post
Well... it's a bola. You actually have a line up a bola pretty well along the throw line to actually entangle your target or you just bop them with the weights letting the contraption fall to the ground. It doesn't make sense as a skillshot at all if you want to talk physics unless you have a set of sweetspots where the slow activates based on the bola's rotation.

Besides, it'd make perfect sense for a net to ensnare a small group at the area of impact if the net was large enough and encompassed them. Sure, they'd pull it off faster as a group, but thematically it could easily detonate on its target into a burst rather than being a single-target skillshot.

i think you missed the point. the net isn't going to pass through the first target it hits. sure it might snare everyone bunched up in the right sized area, but it's not going to pass through people (otherwise, that makes for a pretty ****ty net).
that was my argument over the bola suggestion. not whether or not it should be a skill shot, rather that it passing through multiple targets in a line is thematically (and physically) inconsistent with what a bola actually is/does.