A Wild Knifecat Appears! (Rengar Discussion)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

laughingjackal

08-18-2013

This might as well be a completely different champion, its some generic fighter duelist that we don't need more of. When will you ever be able to do that "Q train" you guys were talking about, besides in lane. No teamfight will you be able to jump the carry and then sit there for 6 seconds attacking them. also, Rengar's new ult is going to be a disaster trying to escape with it. you could have 999,999,999 movement speed but that doesn't mean anything when you get Nunu iceballed or practically every other slow in the game. i know you guys wont make him unable to be slowed because that would be too much like yi, but you could do a sorta Olaf ult, where you are immune to all CC for the first 1-3 seconds after activating it, that would make him much more able to escape if needed. your stuff sounds good on paper, but im not so sure it will work out if a real match.

If they go through with this i can only imagine what will happen next.

Patch Notes

Jarvan can now no longed knock up enemies with his combo

Tryndameres ult no longer gives him a 6 second invincibility, but will instead restore all his fury instantly

Vayne can no longer stealth

Blitzcrank's pull range has been halved

Please just keep Rengar how he is, or listen to all the amazing and awesome ideas these Summoners on the thread have made.

TJAyo

08-18-2013

Well could his R also give him a big tenacity boost. I just feel like the bonus MS is kinda pointless against huge cc.

Fishywtf

08-18-2013

The more I think about this the more I like where this direction is going lol really it's pretty good if you think about it. Before you go and bash me in I have 60%+ win rate with rengar.

1. Stealth nerf isn't that much anyways because you never ult when you're directly in vision of the enemy team. You usually stay quite a distance in the fog before going in. So this really isn't a nerf. SUPER MOVESPEED>STEALTH
Having more MS you can split push top or bot and then have a team fight at mid and be there in literally 2 seconds that's a good buff!

2. Q-train all this is just going to force you to buy frozen mallet or the new triforce lol nothing more.

3. Skillshot E more damage... well idk lol it's some what good. Means you just gotta position yourself better.

4. W no armor or MR.. now that's a huge huge nerf because now you're going to be countered by mage top lane... atleast make it damage reduction not ad reduction lol.

Overall the worse I see is actually Qtrain as you cant build straight damage anymore you'd have to incorporate a slow or more ms :/

R U Fukn Nuts

08-18-2013

I believe that having Bola Strike turned into a skillshot will actually turn out negatively since you'd have to compensate with free damage and range (and CD probably) which will, in turn lead to negative experiences both in lane and in later game:
1. Long range will allow Rengar to heal up with 0 counterplay since you'd have outrange skillshots (good luck with that).
2. Basically shuts down any lane harass for nobody is dumb enough to claim bush control with Rengar as his opponent and you can't aim the bola through minions as you said.
3. Should you be able to make bola go through minions, this craps on his jungling since he'd have to be getting ferocity only via Q and W - and what is worse, he wouldn't level his bola in the jungle, crippling his ganks.
4. Should you miss a skillshot bola - okay, that happens but you lose 1 ferocity. But what if you miss an empowered one? You lose 5, well, ****.
5. Increased stats will cause real abuse, now think of that extreme damage he could pull off with a dual cast should he find somebody in the jungle (from what you have said I believe this would be alike to getting with Kha'Zix spike but multiplying damage and slow 3 times.)
6. It would make him real generic and it would be so wrong lore-wise, trained to be a hunter since childhood, but can't hit a goddamn bola?

I hope you read this, Rengar Rework Team.

Arcane Nemesis

Recruiter

08-18-2013

some of the first page comments are just dumb, that heal give him incredible sustain in jungle CynicalGiant, and that triple q "glitch" is really just a wise tactic considering you actually have to waste the ult to pull it off, so you cant use your ult later for another target. the buffs to the ult also help out, especially since kha zix can destroy rengar with just his ult and q, which i have seen, im glad that most of these buffs are in place.

Arcane Nemesis

Recruiter

08-18-2013

mainly that heal though, it has saved me numerous times

Eitori

08-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ånxîety View Post
I'm sorry but making E a skillshot is one of the most stupidest things I
ever read. UNLESS it goes through minions, we need this changed back.
Sometimes you have to max E on rengar to poke the champs down before
going in. You can't do that if they hide behind minions.. Also R no longer stealth? That was the fun part about rengar.. We should be allowed to have a free refund on Rengar, since they are basically making him another champion thats boring. The stealth played a big factor in the fun. Ulting to go find a jungler doing his buff, or somebody out of position felt great and rewarding when you got a kill. But if you messed up, you pay for it in death.

Time to refund Rengar. Thanks for ruining one of my favorite champions for good this time. I don't even care if this some how makes him stronger. The fact is I bought Rengar for his fun mechanics. And you are taking out the best part to me..

Only a ****ing idiot would dislike my comment. oh wait, that's half the community.
This man. This x100

Draciusen

08-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcane Nemesis View Post
triple q "glitch" is really just a wise tactic considering you actually have to waste the ult to pull it off, so you cant use your ult later for another target.
You clearly have never played Rengar, or any assassin in the game. Heck, do you even play the same game as the rest of us?

Arcane Nemesis

Recruiter

08-18-2013

Another thing, i love kha and all, but why are you all complaining about rengar's power!? Kha zix and jump in kick the adc's ass! and leap out, while rengar goes in get the kill and has no way out. you still wanna complain about rengar?

Masquerade4927

08-18-2013

I died a little inside after reading this... the only good thing about this is the bola skillshot... rengar is now... ruined :,(