Skarner, I miss your kind

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Absolute None

08-17-2013

At least one rework is going well. Thanks Scruffy, you doing well so far.

Irish Red Cap

08-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradiater View Post
I really hope that they won't change his E, other than to twirk his numbers higher. If you build/spec him Right, his E can do a lot of damage. If anything, they should increase the range on his E to give it more poke potential. One thing I would like to see is them making Skarner an AP champ, period, and change his Q to benefit more from AP than it does, or to change his Q altogether.

I see a lot of people say his E is useless, but it's because you're not building AP on him. Skarner being built as a tank leaves him as a one trick wonder with his ult, which is boring. But build him with AP and you become a threat. Your Ult will do so much more damage, your W will give you more shield, and your E will become a viable poke ability.

I daresay that building Lichbane 4/5th would make him a monster.

Building Skarner AP is more worthless than building him tank. He is more of a gimmick than AP Yi was. You have 1 reliable source of AP damage and it's range is short, it is a skill shot and easily avoidable.

Then you have his Q where the ratio on the AP damage is just sad, lets not even count the fact that you have to have already hit a Q to even benefit from the AP ratio. Then you have no dmg to actually utilize your passive outside of the 1 hit you get from lichbane which means you are a squishy target who only has a shield to protect you, ironically this is also your only gap-closer.

Also with your ult you do decent damage but the odds of getting it on a primary target are 0-nil unless someone is completely out of position.

AP Skarner is a joke that is dealt with easier than AP yi was.

Samuel L Jaxx

08-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Red Cap View Post
Building Skarner AP is more worthless than building him tank. He is more of a gimmick than AP Yi was. You have 1 reliable source of AP damage and it's range is short, it is a skill shot and easily avoidable.

Then you have his Q where the ratio on the AP damage is just sad, lets not even count the fact that you have to have already hit a Q to even benefit from the AP ratio. Then you have no dmg to actually utilize your passive outside of the 1 hit you get from lichbane which means you are a squishy target who only has a shield to protect you, ironically this is also your only gap-closer.

Also with your ult you do decent damage but the odds of getting it on a primary target are 0-nil unless someone is completely out of position.

If building him AP is worthless....and building him tank is worthless.

What the hell do you build on him?

Samuel L Jaxx

08-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mundo View Post
Skarner is season 2 champ that a lot of people have but rarely anyone plays in season 3. 48.9% win rate
Dr Mundo is season 1 champ that most people have but rarely anyone plays in season 3. 47.2% win rate

Take a look at Mundo next please. He has no cc, terrible early jungler [especially if invaded]. Skarner is fine minus his E.
I cant believe you actually got that name.

noomph

08-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by EndlesssEntropyy View Post
really nobody else thought the picture was funny?

Samuel L Jaxx

08-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by noomph View Post
Nope.

Muranodo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by noomph View Post
Not really. It made me think of Ironstylus' comment about being able to do a lobster skin for Skarner easily enough. But nothing else.

I wish Scruffy would address the players who don't actually like his proposed iteration. I'm a bit fearful of it ending up on the PBE, receiving mass feedback, and it being ignored. I really don't like the proposed Q & E changes personally; I don't understand the overabundance of counter-play needed. The Skarner bug-fix still fixed part of the reason why he was so heavily used in the S2 finals. He just had layers of nerfs otherwise.

nickeput

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Red Cap View Post

Every single one of Skarner's abilities scales on AP and a skill which can be up with cdr and attack speed with his passive every time to proc lb with a slow and .4 AP ratio is not a weak skill. His shield has a .6 AP ratio which is a very significant scaling shield, I have been saved from Karthus ults mid-late game with under 100 health because of the shield. His e scales at a .7 AP ratio for damage and is listed as max scaling of .3 AP which means on an enemy with o MR and having no magic pen you would heal for about 43% of the damage done to a single target(talking just about the scaling not the flat amount based on level). And because you can heal off of multiple targets if you have say 3 minions on top of the enemy champion you would heal for that 43%+21.5%+10.75%+5.875% which is 81.125% of the damage dealt to each individual hit by the e(in this case one champion and 3 minions). And after that his ult has a .5/1.0 AP scaling which is very significant, the scaling is .5 however the attack deals damage twice once at the start of the ult and again when the ult breaks at the end for a total scaling of 1.0 AP as long as it isn't broken by say qss or some other form of cleanse.

But you know by all means build Skarner as an AD bruiser with the only AD scaling of any moves being half of his q at .8 which is a good ratio but not worth the loss of functionality of his shield, ranged heal/nuke, and dealing increased damage on every q after the first as well as a lot more damage on every ult. Or you know build him with 0 AP and think that since he has a shield he should be made tanky, yes by all means you can build him tanky however build him with AP seeing as at Max rank with say 400 AP Skarner's shield blocks 250+240 total damage which does benefit from any and all mitigation stats like armor, magic resist, and masteries. Nothing is scarier than a fast AP Skarner who can rip apart your team with his q+e while escaping unharmed with your squishy carry in his ult because of his shield and those marks from e that he procced with his q after grabbing your adc.

Another reason why ghost is a better choice for Skarner over flash, I don't understand why people assume flash is so good for his ult(yes before they removed flashing mid ult it made sense, grab with ult then flash into your turret) when you can rush into the middle of bot lane from the bush ghosted with w up, ult the adc, and drag them into your adc and support on bot at your turret, and if they manage to live when your ult breaks and flashes to safety you still have your ghost up to catch them and they are slowed by your q spams during the ult. *side story rant over*

Anyways the ratio on q makes sense because it is a highly spammable move with a significant perma slow and sheen/lich bane procs every time it goes off cd. The ratio on w is more than enough reason to build AP on Skarner just to get a reliable shield that is big enough to make sure your attack speed and movement speed buff is not lost prematurely. His e scaling is fine it's a heavy hitting linear aoe nuke meaning oh yes it's a skill shot(the reason being because it hits so hard, is aoe, and heals significantly when hitting multiple enemies or even just 1v1 with decent amount of AP) but it hits everything in it's path and can mark or kill(depending on AP) entire groups of double/triple minion waves at a tower because of it's width and then it also, oh yes that's right, is a heal that procs on dealing damage or killing a unit with decent AP ratio. And then his ult that has a total AP ratio of 1.0 where it's base damage is 400 at rank 3 if you had 400 AP his ult alone deals 800 damage(pre mitigation) meanwhile you are suppressing, repositioning, and dealing additional damage and slowing with q. But yes you are definitely right AP on Skarner is the dumbest thing I've ever heard of anyone doing why would you even bother.

Tortferngatr

08-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotScruffy View Post
Don't have many specifics about when the rework will go out to live. It will most likely not be before world finals so that Skarner doesn't disrupt the competitive scene.
Dammit, I want another champion to play the "as completely unexpected as Evelynn being in the Season 2 World Championships" role for Season 3 World Championships.

Fuzen kuden

08-17-2013

after what happened to rangar plz no more reworks for the love of the gods