A Wild Knifecat Appears! (Rengar Discussion)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ZeroAgainst

08-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerglinator View Post
She won one. That's a lot more wins than Old Karma got. All I'm doing is defending facts, and the fact is that the Karma rework got positive results in comparison to before. But hey, if insisting that she's a lot worse for actually not being a troll pick now, and can somehow revert her with that, I'll be totally happy with that. Can't guarantee others will be, though.
dude as a friend i mean legit your on my friends list old karama was way better then new karama in every way the reason she wasn't picked because they took her off free weeks so no one played her lol or new of her

Zerglinator

08-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroAgainst View Post
dude as a friend i mean legit your on my friends list old karama was way better then new karama in every way the reason she wasn't picked because they took her off free weeks so no one played her lol or new of her
I was around when they did put her on free weeks. She was still regarded as a joke. Every time she went on free week it was time for another round of "Is that a new champion on the Free Week?" or "Riot, it looks like only 9 champs are on the free week!" or the ever creative "Who's Karma?"

I tried her on free week and enjoyed her and bought her. Didn't seem to stop people from regarding it as a troll pick.

TheUrgottenOne

08-17-2013

stop with karma, make another thread for karma, this is about rengu

Croanin

08-17-2013

Still curious as to why he's getting an overhaul period when you still got more desperate champions like Sion, Taric or Heimer.

Rengar was considered UP until we saw what Westrice did in the challenger circuit. The dilemna was only his Q really. He could essentially hop out of stealth QQQ > Hydra > BoTRK in any order and their probably dead before you even had to ignite. All you had to do was tone down his Q some how or shift power away from it and put it into his E.

Rengar wasn't in a state that warranted a complete overhaul. Right now Jayce is in the works also because...well his kit is freakin retarded.

MalevolentVergil

08-17-2013

If the no-stealth change goes through, can we get something like that:

Rengar is visible, but after activating his ultimate he becomes semi-transparent, as if he's in stealth?

On changes - I like the direction of his E, still wondering about his R.

IonDragonX

08-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarizard View Post
- 28 AD/lvl is not final and i've said across many posts i'm looking to increase this. Damage numbers were kept low to see 'How worth it is this item for these types of bonuses without a heap of AD forcing you to get it?' I have less issue with this getting more AD - this is generally why i don't post numbers because they're constantly in flux. Seeing so many people saying 'I like it/could like it but the AD is so low it seems useless' is why numbers are a tuning point.
4 AD + 2 AD per level.

There. Now it is 10 AD at level 3 and 40 AD at level 18. It would be a very, very rare occurrence to afford this at levels 1 and 2, so stat loss is not really going to be a thing. They'd be close at level 5. (old being 15, new being 14) After level 5, you'd be getting more AD out of BtN.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarizard View Post
- I don't want to seem stubborn when i say that i'm going to continue to test this no-stealth version (Testing is testing, and i'm going to see how it goes) but you guys are pretty loud and clear about needing stealth in some form for this to be anywhere near what you want. I've seen enough posts/feedback that 'Like the changes, concerned/worried about loss of stealth' that i think there are some solutions to have it be back on the kit.
It could be an effect on the Bonetooth Necklace by itself. Personally, I don't think that he MUST have stealth.

Ironstryde

08-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalevolentVergil View Post
If the no-stealth change goes through, can we get something like that:

Rengar is visible, but after activating his ultimate he becomes semi-transparent, as if he's in stealth?

On changes - I like the direction of his E, still wondering about his R.
I was just about to post the same thing. We all know he is Predator inspired. If just for some additional snazziness. Still targetable, still visible, but semi transparent light bending effect that sort of blurred off to full opaque as his leap happened. This would give his ult more "neato" factor than just fast cat. Other than that... all the rest sounds very promising. Rengar was always conceptually one of my favorite champions in LoL, I just never fell in love with his kit. This is really getting me fired up to start playing him again.

Steamcario

08-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy Malevolence View Post
If you don't assume Rengar can triple Q, abuse a 2.0 AP ratio, 100-0 at level one via ferocity abuse, or any of the abuse cases he had, he's going to be a huge problem.
rengar can't triple Q at level 1, he needs his ult to do it.

at the moment triple Q is what keeps him viable, without it he does no damage late game. of course with it he explodes things, it's good they're changing it. I was honestly fully on board with this rework til the removal of stealth + making E a skillshot. I really feel like the E change makes him a binary top laner that just has to constantly all in.

Ophirr

08-17-2013

Please dont' sacrifice power on him just for superficial stealth...

Grimwohl

08-17-2013

IF I may suggest something!
Don't take his stealth away. Instead, Make him semi transparent while in ult. While he's in ult, make it so that he is basically stealthed (untargetable, no minimap indicator) but still visible. If you want to take away some movement speed, or have a VO/visual Queue, you can. During/after his leap, he becomes fully targetable.
If you have him within vision range of a pink ward, or an oracles, he becomes targetable entirely. Add a visual queue over his head (for the enemy team)if you think it's necessary.

I think there's a lot of cool visual effects you can add to an ult like that.