A Wild Knifecat Appears! (Rengar Discussion)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rewenger

08-17-2013

Quote:
seems to be hitting the gameplay that we want but loses the Stealth that you guys really want.
Maybe you'll make him semi-transparent instead of fully invisible?

BlueRoseleader

08-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rewenger View Post
semi-transparent is a good idea but to balance it out we'd have to consider what would break it, it would be acceptable to see him so either wards do nothing or it is useless :/

DAY9999

08-17-2013

Just some ideas:

Unseen Predator
-Rengar will now grant 1 Ferocity while staying in the brush for every 5 seconds

Empowered Savagery
- Rengar's next attacks will leap on his target

RakshirX

08-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rewenger View Post
Riiight, that'll help. "Look, here comes the semi-transparent Rengar, trying to sneak up on me".

Mobilized Boat

08-17-2013

I thought of a pretty good idea that might make the bola changes understandable.

Make it so if your bola hits a target you can leap to it, whether you're in a bush or not.

Dicocax

08-17-2013

How about leaving the ult like it is live but making it a pulsing stealth revealing himself every 2 seconds for .5 seconds, that leaves some counterplay

BabySnatcherr

08-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarizard View Post
Quick post because i woke up way too early, read the last 10 or so pages since i passed out 4~ hours ago, going to pass out again but -

- 28 AD/lvl is not final and i've said across many posts i'm looking to increase this. Damage numbers were kept low to see 'How worth it is this item for these types of bonuses without a heap of AD forcing you to get it?' I have less issue with this getting more AD - this is generally why i don't post numbers because they're constantly in flux. Seeing so many people saying 'I like it/could like it but the AD is so low it seems useless' is why numbers are a tuning point.

- I don't want to seem stubborn when i say that i'm going to continue to test this no-stealth version (Testing is testing, and i'm going to see how it goes) but you guys are pretty loud and clear about needing stealth in some form for this to be anywhere near what you want. I've seen enough posts/feedback that 'Like the changes, concerned/worried about loss of stealth' that i think there are some solutions to have it be back on the kit.

Previous iteration to this (Full stealth + Warning) had issues. Current iteration (Much longer duration, Much higher MS, Much shorter CD + No Stealth) seems to be hitting the gameplay that we want but loses the Stealth that you guys really want. I think there's a way to introduce Stealth back in - i have a cool idea that might be really dumb but it's too early in the morning to know. Gonna go back to crashing, but i'll be back when i'm up to talk more.

(To those of you who actually like the No Stealth changes - this isn't about me buckling under pressure - if the 'No Stealth In Any Form Whatsoever' Ult is best for our game, i'll do it in a heartbeat. I just want to do some more exploration/prototyping on some ideas that may reincorporate Stealth for those fans who feel it makes/breaks his uniqueness.)

Thanks for continuing to post - you're all very passionate about the changes, and i am never someone to turn down feedback, even for those of you who don't care for me or where i've taken it so far. I'm listening. I hope the next time i have an update it will be something that most of you can agree with!
Thank you for putting in the effort to listen to us Rengar stealth fans, hopefully something that still involves stealth and his whole "predator" enemy vision can be kept in his kit, because it really is one of the best things I love about playing him.

BlueRoseleader

08-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicocax View Post
How about leaving the ult like it is live but making it a pulsing stealth revealing himself every 2 seconds for .5 seconds, that leaves some counterplay
a pulsing stealth would be too easy to counter play, his ult has a really good cooldown and does no damage, i dont see why the stealth needs to be nerfed at all. this "rework" is to make him a more viable jungler, and removing or nerfing the stealth would kill that whole concept.

BabySnatcherr

08-17-2013

Honestly, I like him the way he is now. Is he perfect? Hell no- but neither are a lot of other champs! He's Rengar. He has stealth. He has "predator" vision when he stealths, leave kitty alone please...

Dr W

08-17-2013

RIP sweet prince