A Wild Knifecat Appears! (Rengar Discussion)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mobilized Boat

08-17-2013

So, which champions should we play now? I like AD assassins and I'm not too fond of Zed. Kha'Zix got nerfed big time. He's still good, but he isn't that fun anymore with you not being able to W in midair.

BabySnatcherr

08-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelnath View Post
I was really skeptical about these changes. In particular, when I saw them on paper, I didn't like the change to a skill-shot on E or the stealth removal on R.

... then at Scarizard and Wav3break's insistence, I actually played it. It worked really well. I didn't realize until after the game how little I missed the stealth. In fact, most cases where I would have used the stealth to escape - I could simply outrun the enemy.

Similarly, in cases where I would normally try to use my ult to stealth & run, but it would fail on live, due to never getting the "stealth" effect off, I occasionally survived.

The skillshot version actually made me a *better* player. People couldn't vision juke me into brush - I bola shot them blindly. The skill shot also makes me more dangerous in ganks - the range is far better than on live.

I acknowledge the validity of your skepticism, but as a veteran Rengar player, I didn't realize how little I appreciated the stealth until I was sprinting around the map without the need to use it.
you are making it sound like this is just gonna be another yi. press R to run and chase champ or run away from champ. okay, so maybe he plays better without the stealth- but who cares. Rengar's stealth, although wonky (yes, I hated not being able to stealth away in time), MADE him who he was. if you want to try to do this mechanic- do it on a new champ. don't completely change Rengar, the same way that you did Karma. there are certain things people like Rengar for- I bought him cuz he can stealth...

Trykery

08-17-2013

How about making him stealth for short duration when he ults every time he enters brush? 1-2 seconds. Would make him feel like King of the Brush. This way, if you're warding you should be able to catch a glimpse or two of him before he stealths, but he is still able to remain the ultimate predator.

cimbop

08-17-2013

Wow I wish half this amount of discussion was had about the Evelynn change, they slaughtered her ability to assassinate without telling anyone, and the worst part is because she's still in a strong place right now no one cares.

I miss my assassins...

Mobilized Boat

08-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trykery View Post
How about making him stealth for short duration when he ults every time he enters brush? 1-2 seconds. Would make him feel like King of the Brush. This way, if you're warding you should be able to catch a glimpse or two of him before he stealths, but he is still able to remain the ultimate predator.
Like others have been saying, do NOT make him more dependant on bushes than he already is. You shouldn't have to rely on the map to be a good champion.

chico3530

08-17-2013

I really like the idea that Rengar's ult could stealth him, but as soon as he is in 1200* radius from an enemy, the stealth go off and is replace by the mov. speed. This could have an idicator like Evelynn so you know how much distance you have to travel before the stealth goes off. This way you have the best of the both world; the conterplay Riot want about the enemy having a chance to react from his ganks but also the stealth that the fans like so much. Scarizard you should take this option into consideration and I really think this could be a good agreement.

Trykery

08-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobilized Boat View Post
Like others have been saying, do NOT make him more dependant on bushes than he already is. You shouldn't have to rely on the map to be a good champion.
I really wasn't thinking of it that way. Because you usually have to go through brush to gank a lane, and since these are normally warded, you are still seen for a moment, but get to stealth.

You're probably right though.

Mobilized Boat

08-17-2013

We just want Rengar to be left alone. You aren't getting downvoted just because the changes suck, but you are changing a perfectly fine and fun champion.

Lvl 8 Psyduck

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelnath View Post
I was really skeptical about these changes. In particular, when I saw them on paper, I didn't like the change to a skill-shot on E or the stealth removal on R.

... then at Scarizard and Wav3break's insistence, I actually played it. It worked really well. I didn't realize until after the game how little I missed the stealth. In fact, most cases where I would have used the stealth to escape - I could simply outrun the enemy.

Similarly, in cases where I would normally try to use my ult to stealth & run, but it would fail on live, due to never getting the "stealth" effect off, I occasionally survived.

The skillshot version actually made me a *better* player. People couldn't vision juke me into brush - I bola shot them blindly. The skill shot also makes me more dangerous in ganks - the range is far better than on live.

I acknowledge the validity of your skepticism, but as a veteran Rengar player, I didn't realize how little I appreciated the stealth until I was sprinting around the map without the need to use it.
fukking Xelnath never played rengar and giving us a feedback about his changes

just leave rengar ALONE

LEAVE MY BRITNIY ALONE YOU BASTARTS

KxhY

08-17-2013

My main concern is that changing his E to a skillshot means he'll no longer be able to reliably use it to harass in lane or to last hit from a distance, which means he'll really suffer against ranged tops like most other melees. Currently, he can still get a bit of harass/last-hitting with E. If it's a skillshot, his laning will become much weaker.