A Wild Knifecat Appears! (Rengar Discussion)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PastrySandwich

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelnath View Post
I was really skeptical about these changes. In particular, when I saw them on paper, I didn't like the change to a skill-shot on E or the stealth removal on R.

... then at Scarizard and Wav3break's insistence, I actually played it. It worked really well. I didn't realize until after the game how little I missed the stealth. In fact, most cases where I would have used the stealth to escape - I could simply outrun the enemy.

Similarly, in cases where I would normally try to use my ult to stealth & run, but it would fail on live, due to never getting the "stealth" effect off, I occasionally survived.

The skillshot version actually made me a *better* player. People couldn't vision juke me into brush - I bola shot them blindly. The skill shot also makes me more dangerous in ganks - the range is far better than on live.

I acknowledge the validity of your skepticism, but as a veteran Rengar player, I didn't realize how little I appreciated the stealth until I was sprinting around the map without the need to use it.
This is the exact problem. It isn't always about what you NEED to play an effective champion but what makes someone WANT to play a champion. Stealing Rengar's stealth steals Rengar's soul and whole theme. It's a sad sad day.

Berserk Knight

08-17-2013

Rename the ult.
"Thrill of turning your back and running away like a ***** (...wait, Rengar IS a cat lol) like there's no tomorrow"
That's what Xelnath used it for, from what I can gather.

Khristophoros

The Council

08-17-2013

I usually agree with Riot's decisions but I think removing Rengar's stealth is just not acceptable. It's a very core part of his identity.

Onitok

08-17-2013

Look at the title of this thread. Even it implies that rengar without stealth is not rengar. Im literally fuming with rage at how dumb it is to take away his stealth. Change his stats i dont care. But if you take away the most fun thing to do on a champ who literally has nothing else to do without any good reason is really uncalled for.

It's not like hes eve wheres hes constantly invisible or a khazix who gets his invisibility every minute. Its his ultimate and it has to be used wisely otherwise its wasted. HE DOESNT EVEN GET IT TILL HES LVL 6. EVE ALREADY INVIS AT LVL 1. WTF IS THE LOGIC. DO NOT REMOVE HIS STEALTH OR V/O WHEN ENTERING IT.

I want to hear "FOCUS" Every ****in time i play Rengar. EVERYTIME.

DAMMIT RITO LISTEN TO US. DO NOT REMOVE STEALTH. Or V/O

That is all.

VoodoosV3nd3tta

08-17-2013

Congrats you took a totally unique and fun champion with tons of cool tricks and made him into a generic fail fest with a bunch of rehash skills. You killed what made Rengar, Rengar with that ult change.

Fools...

PastrySandwich

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berserk Knight View Post
Rename the ult.
"Thrill of turning your back and running away like a ***** (...wait, Rengar IS a cat lol) like there's no tomorrow"
That's what Xelnath used it for, from what I can gather.
Rename Rengar to Karma

Neo Queen

08-17-2013

Might as well rename his ult to Highlander and run around everywhere. It's about the theme of the character. A predator you cannot see but know he's coming. You know darn well you shouldn't be pushing alone silly support.

And what about bola strike? When a Vayne top shows up I'm okay with it. A little harass, bait her close to bush and punish for mistakes. But now? No harass. Lovely minions will die for a skillshot. Great. 1 cs worth trading for.

Neo Queen

08-17-2013

K6 gets to be invis 3 times if he wants. You just want me to lose the challenge huh?

PastrySandwich

08-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onitok View Post
Look at the title of this thread.
A wild knifecat appears,
musta been from the bush because he no longer has stealth. :/

SnowFall

08-17-2013

rengar should jump all the time while he is invisible