You've recently received a lot of reports for "Verbal Abuse", take it easy.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GROMMI

08-16-2013

NO!

IF YOU HAD SEEN.. what I had seen..

If you had been there..

YOU WOULD HAVE DONE THE SAME!!

/headdesk /tear. Why can I not bully the bullies?

Unasumingmidget

08-16-2013

Because that makes you a bully, you bully

Zmuecat

08-16-2013

Because retaliation contributes to the toxic atmosphere and makes it worse.

Believe me, I would love to just mute and move on, but when the hate isn't targeted at me and it's unwarranted, I get so annoyed.

Nintharra

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-16-2013

shout at your monitor, then reply to them by typing in positive and uplifting comments about either their gameplay or how you guys can come out on top. Then vote for a surrender.

rExekias

Game Design Intern

08-16-2013
1 of 1 Riot Posts

I know it can be hard not to retaliate when someone starts verbally attacking you in game. There have been quite a few times when Iíve had to force myself to take a deep breath in order to stop myself from sending an angry retort. And in plenty of those cases, I wasnít successful in holding myself back. But over time Iíve realized that just ignoring that person and moving on with your game is always a much better experience. Sure it might hurt your pride a little to let their comment go without retaliation, but you know what hurts more? Raging at your team, letting your emotions impact your gameplay, hurting your reputation as a player, and despite all that, losing anyway. Also, just as a side note, remember that a Behavioral Alert is not a ďGo to Tribunal Card.Ē Itís just a little nudge to let you know that hey, maybe you want to take a second to collect yourself and relax before jumping into another game. Hope this helps and good luck!

Your Shadow

08-16-2013

I feel a lot of people are missing the Chicago reference.

Yousonerfed

08-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Exekias View Post
I know it can be hard not to retaliate when someone starts verbally attacking you in game. There have been quite a few times when Iíve had to force myself to take a deep breath in order to stop myself from sending an angry retort. And in plenty of those cases, I wasnít successful in holding myself back. But over time Iíve realized that just ignoring that person and moving on with your game is always a much better experience. Sure it might hurt your pride a little to let their comment go without retaliation, but you know what hurts more? Raging at your team, letting your emotions impact your gameplay, hurting your reputation as a player, and despite all that, losing anyway. Also, just as a side note, remember that a Behavioral Alert is not a ďGo to Tribunal Card.Ē Itís just a little nudge to let you know that hey, maybe you want to take a second to collect yourself and relax before jumping into another game. Hope this helps and good luck!
The problem for me is, I consider it a DUTY to spout sh*t back at the guy insulting me. In fact, I'm particular to telling people who are giving me sh*t to go and off themselves.

EnderForHegemon

08-16-2013

Not a bad thread. Not a bad red response. Keeping it real =)

ArtemusD

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yousogreat View Post
The problem for me is, I consider it a DUTY to spout sh*t back at the guy insulting me. In fact, I'm particular to telling people who are giving me sh*t to go and off themselves.
Invariably, that makes you just as bad as them. You /should/ consider it a duty to be a better person and just shrug it off. Yeah it sucks to get down-talked, but there's literally no reason to fight fire with fire. Instead, be smart and fight fire with water.

Negrido

08-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Exekias View Post
I know it can be hard not to retaliate when someone starts verbally attacking you in game.
I get warnings fairly often without retaliating with angry or offensive comments. If someone yells at me for not initiating a fight as miss fortune, and I tell them that I cant, I aught not to be bothered by a warning about how my behavior is bad.