A Wild Knifecat Appears! (Rengar Discussion)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GlobDaBlob

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CynicalGiant View Post
WE LIKED RENGAR BECAUSE THE STEALTH MADE HIM FEEL LIKE A PREDATOR NOT BECAUSE IT WAS GOOD

why would you take it away?
amen

BlueKnife

08-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelnath View Post
I was really skeptical about these changes. In particular, when I saw them on paper, I didn't like the change to a skill-shot on E or the stealth removal on R.

... then at Scarizard and Wav3break's insistence, I actually played it. It worked really well. I didn't realize until after the game how little I missed the stealth. In fact, most cases where I would have used the stealth to escape - I could simply outrun the enemy.

Similarly, in cases where I would normally try to use my ult to stealth & run, but it would fail on live, due to never getting the "stealth" effect off, I occasionally survived.

The skillshot version actually made me a *better* player. People couldn't vision juke me into brush - I bola shot them blindly. The skill shot also makes me more dangerous in ganks - the range is far better than on live.

I acknowledge the validity of your skepticism, but as a veteran Rengar player, I didn't realize how little I appreciated the stealth until I was sprinting around the map without the need to use it.
@Xelnath, I'm fine with these changes. But would you mind answering a few question?
1) I know you're not suppose to post number as they're subject to change but I really want to know how much speed boost Rengar gain in his Ultimate, I hope it's more than Evelynn's 70%.
2) Can Rengar crush Kha'Zix Single-handledly?

TY!

MasterForce

08-16-2013

Since I do think the changes aren't very appropriate for Rengar since you're removing his Stealth, I thought of a better solution. How about having a border where you can see him, just like Evelynn's passive. However, it would be X distance away from his leap. That way, it might bring more counter play since you can actually react to Rengar jumping on you. It's a small amount of time, but it's better than none, right?

Jbels

08-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterForce View Post
Think about it, would Vayne be the same without the Stealth from her ult? Of course not!
Yeah, because her stealth is what comes to mind when people think about Vayne. Not the really good combo of her W's true damage and Blade of the Ruined King's passive.

Tycosnh

08-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barzany View Post
I agree completely. Rengar is played TOP why the HELL DO YOU WANNA TURN HIM INTO A JUNGLER!?
I play rengar jungle. So do a lot of people. About 40% according to lolking.

Ding an Sich

08-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by tN King View Post
No one said he didnt need a rework. Keep his "predator" aspect alive is all people are asking for.
It still seems alive to me? All that's changed is it went to one context to another. Alot of focus always comes to what people first experienced, rather than what other experiences are possible when it comes to changes.

Which is fair especially if a person is lacking or has very few other experiences to draw on, but to confuse this with a complete removal is hardly the case. You would only get so close to losing something if it was a polar opposite or just a 100% lack of. Like if you made a champion labeled in name and every ability to heal and sustain themselves, and then made it they could never sustain, then that would be more akin to what people are afraid of losing in this thread.

But fear of losing a subjective context of the label "predator"? That seems more like attachment for the sake of familiarity, and not for what is necessarily the change that needs to happen.

All I can say is, when the dust settles and the actual real changes are out, and people actually get to try him instead of reading what letters seem to be posted on a forum, try him yourself. If you don't like it, say it, and then move on. Holding onto any negativity or perceptions will just ruin things for yourself.

Hardinger

08-16-2013

Without reading any comments, I was very pleased with the rework...until his stealth was ripped away. Once again, an interesting and unique champion is gutted because balancing certain stats is too hard.

As someone who's always defended Riot's champion balance, I don't think I can do that anymore.

LxLegend

08-16-2013

If Rengar is really supposed to be like the predator of the movies then shouldn't he be stealth all the time like Evelynn?

How does he stealth anyway lore wise? He's not a: magic user, tech expert, from the void, doesn't wear camo, and isn't using some secret ninja technique.

MasterForce

08-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbels View Post
Yeah, because her stealth is what comes to mind when people think about Vayne. Not the really good combo of her W's true damage and Blade of the Ruined King's passive.
What I am trying to say, is that would Vayne be the same without the Stealth and instead, replaced by MS?

LOLGG2EASYBRO

08-16-2013

Hey I have an idea tom, lets take off the main mechanic of rengar's ultimate, his stealth, and we will compensate him losing that by giving him a longer duration on his movement speed! That's such a great idea billy!