A Wild Knifecat Appears! (Rengar Discussion)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MasterForce

Senior Member

08-16-2013

Honestly, these changes are just aiming to make Jungle Rengar much much better. However, these changes hurt top Rengar to the point he doesn't have a harass ability. (Unless you can hit your e through minions, which will probably not happen) Also, the changes to the ult just completly ruins top Rengar... How can you surprise your enemy when he sees you coming straight for him with bonus MS...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BrandNameZombie

Senior Member

08-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacily View Post
please dont remove hist stealth from his kit its what makes him rengar i love that kitty to death the stealth is what makes him rengar honestly his stealth is fine were its at i mean if you remove it then why not remove twitches it wouldn't make sense plus i mean who doesn't buy pinks
because if we took away the stealth from twitch but made him move really fast that would compensate right?










RIGHT?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jbels

Senior Member

08-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterForce View Post
Honestly, these changes are just aiming to make Jungle Rengar much much better. However, these changes hurt top Rengar to the point he doesn't have a harass ability. (Unless you can hit your e through minions, which will probably not happen) Also, the changes to the ult just completly ruins top Rengar... How can you surprise your enemy when he sees you coming straight for him with bonus MS...
By using the bushes? o.o


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Onitok

Senior Member

08-16-2013

No stealth on his ult and youve basically destroyed Rengar. GGWP Rito instead of fixing the problem you completely remove it so it doesnt have to exists or be dealt with.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zorasama

Senior Member

08-16-2013

so, with this new update

how can he survive after 1-combo-kill his target?

I feel like it's not right :/

this is not just giving 1-2 more sec for enemy to react, more like 4 sec
his target can even see him running toward


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BrandNameZombie

Senior Member

08-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterForce View Post
Honestly, these changes are just aiming to make Jungle Rengar much much better. However, these changes hurt top Rengar to the point he doesn't have a harass ability. (Unless you can hit your e through minions, which will probably not happen) Also, the changes to the ult just completly ruins top Rengar... How can you surprise your enemy when he sees you coming straight for him with bonus MS...
anyone who has played kennen top can attest to the harass potential

top rengar might actually end up better(more of a duelist now)

but i still don't like the ult changes OR the necklace changes(**** stats and with the new ult i don't see stacks happening)

how bout at 9 stacks he gets stealth back if you think its 2 OP to just have


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tycosnh

Junior Member

08-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onitok View Post
No stealth on his ult and youve basically destroyed Rengar. GGWP Rito instead of fixing the problem you completely remove it so it doesnt have to exists or be dealt with.
Exactly my point. For some reason they ask for our input, and then they do what they were gonna do the whole time anyways. So dumb.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LOLGG2EASYBRO

Senior Member

08-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelnath View Post
I was really skeptical about these changes. In particular, when I saw them on paper, I didn't like the change to a skill-shot on E or the stealth removal on R.


... then at Scarizard and Wav3break's insistence, I actually played it. It worked really well. I didn't realize until after the game how little I missed the stealth. In fact, most cases where I would have used the stealth to escape - I could simply outrun the enemy.

Similarly, in cases where I would normally try to use my ult to stealth & run, but it would fail on live, due to never getting the "stealth" effect off, I occasionally survived.

The skillshot version actually made me a *better* player. People couldn't vision juke me into brush - I bola shot them blindly. The skill shot also makes me more dangerous in ganks - the range is far better than on live.

I acknowledge the validity of your skepticism, but as a veteran Rengar player, I didn't realize how little I appreciated the stealth until I was sprinting around the map without the need to use it.
"Veteran rengar" who uses stealth as escape. The only time you should be using his stealth to escape is if you are split pushing. It should almost ALWAYS be used to initiate, the 3 second delay on the stealth makes it almost impossible to use as an escape in a team fight.

You are not helping the situation by saying these changes are good, man up and admit that your fellow rioter has messed up big time... be the veteran rengar player you claim to be.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Steamcario

Senior Member

08-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by geezerforhire View Post
anyone who has played kennen top can attest to the harass potential

top rengar might actually end up better(more of a duelist now)

but i still don't like the ult changes OR the necklace changes(**** stats and with the new ult i don't see stacks happening)

how bout at 9 stacks he gets stealth back if you think its 2 OP to just have
Top kennen is good because of long AA range and W max. his Q is **** in top lane, especially if it was on a melee champ. even if rengar is good in top lane he'll be braindead and quickly nerfed because of it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zorasama

Senior Member

08-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by geezerforhire View Post
how bout at 9 stacks he gets stealth back if you think its 2 OP to just have
won't happen
with these changes that would be broken