A Wild Knifecat Appears! (Rengar Discussion)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MasterForce

08-16-2013

Since we're on it, why not remove the stealth from Kha Zix as well... since Rengar can no longer stealth, Kha Zix should have his Ultimate changed to something that gives him AS bonus and MS bonus, right?

inplane

08-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nautagod View Post
Scarizard, how does it feel to know that so far your reworks have been hated by the general playerbase of those champions?
I don't think they care since they CLEARLY don't take player advice or listen to the players in general

just look at Karma right now

Ding an Sich

08-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by tN King View Post
Its about removing the UNIQUENESS.
Why does uniqueness matter when champion, player experience, and game health suffer as a result of this uniqueness?

Steamcario

08-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelnath View Post
I was really skeptical about these changes. In particular, when I saw them on paper, I didn't like the change to a skill-shot on E or the stealth removal on R.

... then at Scarizard and Wav3break's insistence, I actually played it. It worked really well. I didn't realize until after the game how little I missed the stealth. In fact, most cases where I would have used the stealth to escape - I could simply outrun the enemy.

Similarly, in cases where I would normally try to use my ult to stealth & run, but it would fail on live, due to never getting the "stealth" effect off, I occasionally survived.

The skillshot version actually made me a *better* player. People couldn't vision juke me into brush - I bola shot them blindly. The skill shot also makes me more dangerous in ganks - the range is far better than on live.

I acknowledge the validity of your skepticism, but as a veteran Rengar player, I didn't realize how little I appreciated the stealth until I was sprinting around the map without the need to use it.
well, was this jungle rengar or top rengar? the changes as a whole are great for jungle rengar, but top rengar normally maxes bola for harass and that's kinda... not there anymore, and if you played top how did you approach it? and if not what is rengar supposed to even do against the common AP top laners like elise and zac? I feel like he's been reduced to a mindless Q mashing bot in lane with no real game plan. I mean he's better off in jungle but he needs too much gold to ever outclass Vi/Lee/Xin in the current jungle

Zerglinator

08-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by inplane View Post
I don't think they care since they CLEARLY don't take player advice or listen to the players in general

just look at Karma right now
Getting used in competitive games

So depressing

Weirding ways

08-16-2013

I have very mixed feelings about this. I honestly can't decide how much I like/hate this until I see some numbers and play it.

While I like the idea of the changed e and w, there are 2 thing that I feel are rengars main theme (note that this is entirely personal, based on the way I play him), specifically his surprise factor and his high burst.
His stealth is a very, VERY big part of the surprise factor (along with the leap). It gives him a truly predator feel Which I, and I know many others who play him, love about him. I'm not arguing he becomes more or less viable without his stealth, I don't know the numbers on the extra movement speed, maybe it's enough to compensate, but does it feel the same? It's like going from a careful rogue approaching his target silently to switching to a frenzied barbarian charging full speed. In both cases, they can reach their targets before they can react properly and take them down, but it just doesn't feel the same. You're no longer a predator, you're a freight train rolling down the lane (kinda like how I feel when I play hec).

His burst on the other hand, takes a big hit too with that ult change, as you can no longer use it to unleash his triple q combo, which was easily his best combo damage wise. If I can offer a suggestion, can you make it so that his ult actually fills and keeps filling his ferocity bar to full, because currently it only gives you 5 ferocity and stops there, even if you used ferocity (clicked q but didn't attack anything yet). That way he can still do his triple q despite the ult change, and his burst remains unchanged.

I'll abstain on commenting too much on the bonetooth necklace changes. You're gearing it towards jungle rengar, and I play him top lane, so I don't have too much input on it. I CAN tell you this though, in the format you described, I would never waste money on it, simply too little stats for the price you pay for it. long sword recipe or not, it costs 800 gold for a tiny amount of ad early on, which is when you want to get it (and it barely beats a pickaxe at lvl 18). It put you behind enough and the bonuses seem too little (to me) for me to ever consider it.

BrandNameZombie

08-16-2013

Well at least he talked to us and THEN ignored us

Karma fans never even got talked to

Reaper3p0

08-16-2013

please dont remove hist stealth from his kit its what makes him rengar i love that kitty to death the stealth is what makes him rengar honestly his stealth is fine were its at i mean if you remove it then why not remove twitches it wouldn't make sense plus i mean who doesn't buy pinks

Jbels

08-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by geezerforhire View Post
Well at least he talked to us and THEN ignored us

Karma fans never even got talked to
Amen brother and/or sister

tN King

08-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ding an Sich View Post
Why does uniqueness matter when champion, player experience, and game health suffer as a result of this uniqueness?
No one said he didnt need a rework. Keep his "predator" aspect alive is all people are asking for.