A Wild Knifecat Appears! (Rengar Discussion)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Italian Ice

08-16-2013

So if these changes are implemented (contrary to the general public's opinions), will he still leap on you, or just run like a psycho at you?

The ultimate seems like a glorified Blood Scent to me now, I'm not entirely convinced, but what can I do? However the E skillshot idea is actually pretty good, I like the idea of making great hits with that

Pierrot89

08-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobius01 View Post
NO NO NO as an avid rengar player this is a huge mistake, I honestly believe you're nerfing rengar even more, I read these changes and almost threw up from disbelief.
2 HUGE ISSUEs
Q) you said you want to keep his hunting playstle but you REMOVED STEALTH from his ultimate.
THE STEALTH WAS THE BEST PART, And was the best part of his kit for connection with a " hunter " feeling.
That is just a huge nerf overall.

Riot you need to realize rengar is not just played in the jungle, but mostly top lane.

Having said this, why is bone tooth now a Jungle item essentially??

And Finnaly: Since rengar is also played toplane, making bola strike a skills hit completely ERASES all lot of his poke/trade potential in a top matchup, you are just setting him up to get crushed in lane, you want him to be a jungled, But that's not how the majority of players like to play him!

Just my 2 Cents, if anyone disagrees feel free to counter my argument, ill respond for a good debate.

Just please, you're ruining the Rengar that players love, and I don't think these changes are for the better, AT ALL

I love rengar and play him when i can and these are some really nice points. However, I disagree with you on bola. I quite like the bola being skill shot with higher reward/risk. I think it'll make the gameplay more fun. They said high ratio and he has no cost so i guess its good.

I agree though that their change on his R is a major mistake and nerf. All that ult is giving him is movement speed, leap and some ferocity regen. Scarizard continues to emphasise the 'increased movement speed' but what the hell is that going to do. yeah it may sound cool but if you want movement speed you'd play rammus or hecarim. ok i guess you can join the fights faster and back up when situation arises but that's about it. right now you see cc heavy supports, mid and even jungle and if you can see someone coming, you can stop him very very easily. and majority of bruiser champs already have a dash/leap anyway with either damage, cc or stat boosting ults. if it is like this then you HAVE to play rengar as a tank. you'd just melt in teamfights as an assassin without doing anything. Also no one is going to buy the necklace. They make it sound 'unique' and 'rengar-like' but I'd rather buy madreds with his increased AS. if they are going to emphasise the bush hunter theme but the take away the stealth? i don't know what they are thinking. with stealth, you can go in without ult do some damage, disengage, stealth, reposition and re-enter etc. it gives you much more option.

TheDirtySwine

08-16-2013

Spends money on headhunter rengar even after previous nerfs.... Rengar gets the nerf hammer to the face or should I say "rework"... Just wasted ten bucks!

Zerglinator

08-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Italian Ice View Post
So if these changes are implemented (contrary to the general public's opinions), will he still leap on you, or just run like a psycho at you?

The ultimate seems like a glorified Blood Scent to me now, I'm not entirely convinced, but what can I do? However the E skillshot idea is actually pretty good, I like the idea of making great hits with that
He leaps, he generates ferocity.

Celestya

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarizard View Post
Updated 8/16 - updates in bold

Bonetooth Necklace
10 AD, 1 AD/Level
Recipe: Hunter's Machete + Long Sword + 100g
PASSIVE: 20% Increased damage to monsters

3 Stacks: Rengar gains Flat Movement Speed while out of combat, or while in brush

6 Stacks: Leap range increased

9 Stacks: Thrill of the Hunt lasts X seconds longer

14 Stacks: Rengar gains % Movement speed for 2.5 seconds upon exiting brush

General
- Health Regen, Health Regen/lvl, and Health/lvl all increased

Unseen Predator
-Now becomes visible at the beginning of the leap, rather than midleap

Savagery
- Attack Speed reinstated, -slight- buff to %AS, -slight- nerf to base damage.

Ferocity Bonus: Savagery
- In addition to dealing bonus damage, grants Rengar 3 Ferocity.

Battle Roar
- Damage increased
- Cooldown decreased
- No Longer grants Armor/Magic Resistance
- Enemies hit with Battle Roar have their Attack Damage reduced

Ferocity Bonus: Battle Roar
- Heal unchanged
- Now deals damage based on Rengar's level

Bola Strike
- Damage increased
- Bonus AD Ratio increased
- Is now a skillshot
- Increased Range

Ferocity Bonus: Bola Strike
- Now deals damage based on Rengar's level
- Root duration increased

Thrill of the Hunt
- Cooldown decreased
- No longer plays Voice Over or gives an Icon to enemies within Rengar's sight/detection range
- Consumes current Ferocity on cast - each point of Ferocity consumed increases the Duration of Thrill of the Hunt by 1 second.
- No longer stealths Rengar for the duration
- Duration greatly increased, scales with ult rank
- Movement Speed increased
- Rengar's first basic attack while in Thrill of the Hunt will cause him to leap at his target - Rengar retains the Movement Speed increase from Thrill of the Hunt for 3 seconds after leaping.
Oh. My. God. You've managed to make me hate everything about Rengar. You've given no method for Rengar to survive any sort of burst damage since he'll end up consuming his ferocity on his ult if he wants to escape, he has zero reliable methods of engaging since he's visible and has a skillshot which only SLOWS unless using his incredibly NEEDED ferocity stacks. Bola will either hit too damn hard and people will complain, making the shot speed end up being worthless, or it'll be too weak in general (hey minions).

His necessity for heal from Fero bonus Roar ends up taking an even /heavier/ backside to the other spells, which feels completely awful in defending at all. It doesn't help he has zero stopping power against the ever-rising AP champs. His team fight is already sketchy unless ahead, he'll require snowballing even /harder/ than before. This makes no sense to me. AP will burst him down so fast it'll be hilarious to watch. He also has a far less reliable and safe method to leap into enemies with his stealth completely removed.

I totally get that Rengar needs a bit of adjusting (hell, I'd be on board with it if it made any sense) but this will just make him WORSE than he currently is. You've added so much counterplay to Rengar that he actually has no avenues of approach for himself. Congratulations on that front I guess?

Karscoble

08-16-2013

Hey i really love to play rengar but iam really sad about rengar will not have his stealth of his ult.
I can easily find some problems about tht cuz this new ult will make rengar as no real rengar
Honestly i bought rengar last year bcuz of his concept - ambush from nowhere like real beast.

U kno rengar users not always use ult for ambushing target but also use for escaping or someother tactical stuff
But rengar without stealth is just sht!! Just think how can rengar goes into their adc or nukers without his ult. He gotta get tons of cc and will do nothing in teamfight.

And hes ult effect was so f kin awesome. If u tried to remove his stealth, there has no meaning for effect.
I don really get why u guys hate this fkin good lookin skill

Plus, his ult didnt produce enough speed and duration tht he always barely make stalking(im not talking about gank)
But he can be shown when he tried to stalk somebody??? Damn thts not give me thrill of hunt more. Thats really easy to get out of hes stalkin

Now hes mo more rival for khazix

Elewd

08-16-2013

i absolutely hate playing against rengar, and even I think this change is absolutely ridiculous, there will be almost no reason to pick him anymore.

Gardonazorph

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-16-2013

I hope with the new R we actually get a rocket cat skin.

Fomorian27

08-16-2013

I for one really like the changes. I knew the long duration stealth was problematic. Hopefully you won't be swayed by the downvotes on making a necessary change.

On the subject of e, why were you pushing for it to remain a targeted spell?

Nautagod

08-16-2013

Scarizard, how does it feel to know that so far your reworks have been hated by the general playerbase of those champions?