A Wild Knifecat Appears! (Rengar Discussion)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

crap monkey

08-16-2013

Maybe I'm being ungrateful (should I be grateful for you guys addressing a problem within your job description?) or maybe I'm not understanding the changes, but why did you decide to do this to his ult? It no longer stealth, fine, I understand that the mechanic made balancing him iffy, not a problem. But what's the compensation? I mean, all you've done is turn it into a one time gap closer and a movespeed buff that most characters have as a regular ability with no other modifier? That prevents him from being kited how? And it's not like that one jump you get on Ult activation makes him likely to kill. He's still gonna get the crappy gold that junglers get, so it's not like he's gonna assassinate the carry or anything on that first jump. What's an Ezreal gotta do to get away? One E and then a 2 second long frozen fist-empowered q is all it takes to make Rengar laughably useless. It lasts longer? That's not gonna matter to Ezreal with Frozen Fist, Ashe Q/Ult, Varus aoe slow/ult, cait trap/net, Katarina E, Ziggs W/E and any other character that is halfway decent. Sure he'll grab a Malzahar or a Mordekaiser or Urgot, but how often do those guys get played? Here's a hint, as much as Rengar will be played with this rework.

Once again, please point out to me where I have erred or misread. Perhaps his ult has other properties that I skimmed over or you did not detail here that would alleviate this misconception I have.

edit:Frozen fist not Glacial Shroud

sharpshooter1200

08-16-2013

im sorry but I hate this, " movement speed this" "movement speed that". are you sure you are making rengar or master yi.

Muranodo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonstrike45 View Post
Hmmph I always felt that although stealth was nice, having magical stealth on a hunter was just nonsense, thematically speaking O_O
It's homage. So it's going to be a bit nonsensical period. Stealth on a hunter being magical? I'd say you could really call out quite a few ridiculous cases then. Think about the roster for a while. It's just very disappointing to some fans.

NA Darklarik

08-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonstrike45 View Post
Hmmph I always felt that although stealth was nice, having magical stealth on a hunter was just nonsense, thematically speaking O_O
Your kidding right? How do you think the Predator became one of the top 3 most scariest and badass aliens in cinema history?

Watch this clip and think of Rengar
Name:  Alien_Predator_Adaptive_Camouflage_Cloaking_Technology_2_Cropped.jpg
Views: 1278
Size:  75.4 KB

Atyres

08-16-2013

I love this, no counter play you know, except wards and good placement. I am expecting Shaco and Twitch nerfs in the form of removing their stealth soon. If not then this is a ridiculous nerf. You say you want to help Rengar and this is what you do to him? How about we also take away his knife and his hand claw, force him to use the pitty pat style of fighting instead. Because that is essentially what you are doing.

Love it when a character is bought for a purpose, and then because people are to stupid to buy wards the character gets changed. GG.

Atzero

08-16-2013

Hey Scarizard. I think the changes to Rengar look fantastic. I have a question about the bonetooth necklace though. Will BTN also get the unique passive Maim, or Butcher?

2xOninja

08-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atyres View Post
[...] then because people are to stupid to buy wards the character gets changed.
too*

ThisTimeForREALS

08-16-2013

Love the W changes, removes a lot of incentive to just build health/cdr and just play tanky.

Not so sure about the ult changes, you might be moving into "made Rengar into not Rengar" territory. I'm iffy on it though, I'll want to play with it and see how awesome it is, or if it is.

Still seems like positive stuff for the most part. Thumbs up.

Jbels

08-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xOninja View Post
too*
Don't waste a post to correct somebody's spelling.

On topic: Taking away the stealth is going too far on this imo. I agree with the above post that you shouldn't nerf a champion because other players can't buy vision wards against him. = l

Dredge Mammus

08-16-2013

I honestly don't think removing the stealth from Rengar is a good idea. His current kit and his lore state that he is a hunter, and a hunter stalks his prey for the oppurtune moment to strike. This turns him into some kind of chase bruiser, and really takes away from what he used to be. I hope you can find a way to reincorpate stealth into his ultimate, but this current iteration just isn't for me.