A Wild Knifecat Appears! (Rengar Discussion)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Chaosos

08-16-2013

Can we get Xelnath to comment on newgar?

Skaarrjj

08-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Best Rengar NA View Post
Thank you for ruining an entire champion. Go kill yourself, Skidzard.
This is completely uncalled for, saying something like that to him.

I however, despite disagreeing with the vehemence of your tone, agree with them ruining yet another champion.

Furi Kuri

08-16-2013

Im literally on the brink of crying Riot, I can't believe you would ****ing do this to Rengar! I hate you so much right now. ****ing this is how Karma players must have felt. I feel like ****.

Ånxîety

08-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by exec3 View Post
Colour me impressed. As someone who doesn't play Rengar but utterly loathes facing him given how unfair he always feels i'm keen to see these changes in action. Losing the stealth is big and it just looks like he has more counterplay overall (though Q sounds scary). Good to see this remake is seemingly (at least on paper) coming along a lot more smoothly than your last one.
Are you kidding me!? Rengar has a lot of counter play. Rengar is the type of champion you can get fed so hard on, and you make a wrong move you will still die easily. He had a rewarding play style, and they just killed that.

NA Darklarik

08-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Best Rengar NA View Post
Thank you for ruining an entire champion. Go kill yourself, Skidzard.
Real mature. You could actually voice what you dont like and why, instead of telling people to go kill themselves.

Elderlore

08-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarizard View Post

Battle Roar
-No Longer grants Armor/Magic Resistance
-Enemies hit with Battle Roar have their Attack Damage reduced

If you've read my prior posts, you know my feelings about Battle Roar - specifically that it doesn't especially inform who Rengar should be effective against, and thus just gives up a lump of power that's hard to tune while remaining satisfying. Feedback from this thread also has been consistent that Battle Roar's allure is Rengar imposing his will/intimidating opponents, not I AM LOUD AND TANKIER NOW.

Attack Damage reduction allows him to handle jungle minions pretty well, but also makes him a monster in fights vs champions that rely on basic attacks/physical damage abilities (like carries, or other fighters), while still keeping him vulnerable to magic damage abilities from tanks/mages. Overall, the goal is that if AD reduction can work out you can reach a spot where leaping onto Physical Damage dealers and roaring makes you feel more like you're actively shutting down their damage potential rather than just being beefier than usual. Before you guys start biting my head off about how he won't have the tankiness to survive , i totally see this as an opportunity to introduce better base stats if it shows that he desperately needs the durability.
I understand where battle roar shouldnt make him more tanky, and it should maybe reduce the AD of opposing enemies. What I have a problem with his is ability to do anything great in a team fight without stealth. Getting root/stun locked seems so hard for him to do anything about now. I wish his battle roar would remove all slows on cast as well, or more passively give him 3% tenacity per rank put in it. He is a jungle cat, and should be harder tie down than a clumsy horseman or plodding turtle thing.

Tycosnh

08-16-2013

I don't know what else to say. I've never been this upset over a game before. He is my favorite champion. This is how karma players felt I guess, sucks.

Muranodo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-16-2013

On reading the changes, I can say I'm a bit concerned. Rengar is a champion that I've been putting off on getting because I've been waiting to see the changes that will be made to him. The attraction to Rengar as a champion is based around the Predator homage; the cat that runs really fast doesn't fit that anymore. He'll still have some of the visual effects; the stealth play was really integral to it. It's a bit like removing Skarner's perma-slow in another mentioned rework. Some of the core identifying components of their kit is being changed simply for a really heavy dosage of counter-play with ganking junglers that otherwise had ways to be dealt with.

I understand the purpose is to increase the response window time; it overall feels a bit too safe; it makes some of these recent suggested changes more boring to me as a player especially when combined with the already limited gold pool for many junglers. I would rely on otherwise awesome feeling kits to fill in.

I know to an extent all kits have to be tested by feeling; I do believe you can get the basic feeling when something is off as well. Stealth removal is a big no-no there.

dragonstrike45

08-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muranodo View Post
On reading the changes, I can say I'm a bit concerned. Rengar is a champion that I've been putting off on getting because I've been waiting to see the changes that will be made to him. The attraction to Rengar as a champion is based around the Predator homage; the cat that runs really fast doesn't fit that anymore. He'll still have some of the visual effects; the stealth play was really integral to it. It's a bit like removing Skarner's perma-slow in another mentioned rework. Some of the core identifying components of their kit is being changed simply for a really heavy dosage of counter-play with ganking junglers that otherwise had ways to be dealt with.

I understand the purpose is to increase the response window time; it overall feels a bit too safe; it makes some of these recent suggested changes more boring to me as a player especially when combined with the already limited gold pool for many junglers. I would rely on otherwise awesome feeling kits to fill in.

I'm sure of it has to be tested by feeling. That's always the kit with reworks; I'm getting the impression that Rengar will feel a bit off thematically with the ultimate change.
Hmmph I always felt that although stealth was nice, having magical stealth on a hunter was just nonsense, thematically speaking O_O

Someoneelsewhere

08-16-2013

I really think that my idea for Tier 3 BTN should be restated.

What if Rengar's Bola Strike enabled him to jump on the target? At Tier 3, this would give a power spike, but not so much so that there is no counterplay. He is trying to hit a long skillshot after all.

Also, I truly think Rengar's Roar should lower AP as well, because why not? He is after squishies, and I really doubt he would pass up a mage feast if he could find one. Lower AP as well and make him a threat. Just lower AD and he becomes chum.

Also, another interesting idea, why not give the BTN or his passive a bit of a buff with a AD boost for each hit on a target in succession? This would give the BTN some seriously fun uses and would enable some good Hunter like aspects for the Rocket Knife Kitty