A Wild Knifecat Appears! (Rengar Discussion)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zerglinator

08-16-2013

With E now being a Skillshot, I think there's a lot more potential for the Ferocity version. Could it get extended range or hitting everyone in the line or firing multiple ways like Kha'Zix's evolved W?

Skaarrjj

08-16-2013

removing Rengars stealth makes me want to refund him. I purchased him specifically for his ultimate, but now it's pretty lame without the stealth.

exec3

08-16-2013

Colour me impressed. As someone who doesn't play Rengar but utterly loathes facing him given how unfair he always feels i'm keen to see these changes in action. Losing the stealth is big and it just looks like he has more counterplay overall (though Q sounds scary). Good to see this remake is seemingly (at least on paper) coming along a lot more smoothly than your last one.

Kizuna

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-16-2013

Removing his stealth, fine. Making E a skillshot? I can't agree there. Both at once? I don't ever see him sticking to an adc in a teamfight, ever. He also no longers gains MR or Armor from battle roar, so it's not like he's about to go around dueling anyone else in a teamfight without getting his teeth kicked in.

His lane presence and ability to thrive versus certain tops with bola is going to be completely shut down with the changes to E being a skill shot, unless it ignores minions.

THEMATICALLY, AS A HUNTER OF STRONG PREY, RENGAR HAS LITERALLY ZERO NEED TO BOLA A MINION.

I would rather trade the ability to bola a minion away to only hit champs, so that I have to at least be in melee range to farm versus melee range to harass or escape.

Literally, even the bad stats on bonetooth (Who makes it so you LOSE MS in COMBAT as MELEE?) endgame and all the other changes are fine, but changing E to a skillshot...this has me losing a lot of faith in his versatility in a variety of important situations, all leading to whether he's even a worthy pick on a team or not.

Which is the entire point of these changes, besides removing the toxic gameplay of killing the adc in 0.2 seconds from stealth.

A Cloud

08-16-2013

I like Rengar as is, for me this is a major nerf to my play style as Rengar D:

Nores

08-16-2013

I just dont see rengar niche now. "run really fast and give vision on enemies"? well ww can do that while being tanky and have actualy great initiation/cc ult. maybe bola changes are what makes him now - i dunno.

Skaarrjj

08-16-2013

You know, this lets me know how much you guys ****ed over Katarina with nerfs :|

Fae Sorceres

08-16-2013

Thank you for ruining an entire champion. Go kill yourself, Skidzard.

Your Shadow

08-16-2013

Name:  I Recehate you.jpg
Views: 364
Size:  25.0 KB

Cuix

08-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarizard View Post
Rengar with no Boots, 14 Stack Bonetooth, Rank 3 Thrill of the Hunt and 5 Points of Ferocity can run from the bottom lane brush to the toplane's river brush before the Ultimate's duration times out, as long as you make clever use of all the brush inbetween.
Holy ****. Holy ****. I want this a lot.