A Wild Knifecat Appears! (Rengar Discussion)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Henry Plainview

08-16-2013

Scarizard I see you're showing as much deference to the original character as you did with Karma. Although at least stealth is actually a BS mechanic.

CiaphasCainX

08-16-2013

Well to be perfectly honest I neither like the bola change or the ult change. I get you guys don't like stealth as a mechanic but i'd rather have had the "They know i'm coming" than losing it. Thrill of the Hunt isn't even going to give him an AD boost or anything while its active? Not going to generate Ferocity anymore?

To be frank its hard to look at these changes as anything but massive nerfs. Movement speed is great and all, but it doesn't mean anything if Rengar can't do the damage he needs to do to be effective. Not to mention that the Bonetooth is about as cost inefficient as anything i've ever seen. Consuming Ferocity on the ult as well seems unnecessary as well, given that is just providing a longer movement speed increase.

I sincerely hope you're at least planning on buffing the **** out of his base stats because without it, I can't see him being effective in any situation.

Edit: For clarity, given that you're referencing Rammus Power Ball (When was the last time anyone saw a Rammus) and Hecarim as an inspiration.. Given that we already HAVE both of those champions, why do you feel the need to introduce that kind of mechanic on another champion?

enexes

08-16-2013

Leave Rengar alone.

BlueKnife

08-16-2013

So his ultimate now has the "You can run but you can't hide" feeling. Sound cool.

pucakuro

08-16-2013

play Rengar while you can, at least they could put some effort on finishing Quinn instead of messing around with the jumping kitty.

Chaosos

08-16-2013

Now that Rengar ult doesn't stealth when is it broken?

EDIT: I mean like for using Battle Roar or Bola Strike while in ult

Cha Cha San

08-16-2013

No stealth on his ultimate?

Oh look, another Karma.

It may not be as serious as how Karma got outright deleted, but a giant part of the fun in Rengar is his stealth.

What's next? Shaco Q turns into non-stealth teleport?

OJFrost

08-16-2013

I'm just going to come out and say it.

This looks ****in great to me!

Trading the stealth for movement speeds removes that 'cap' that you guys had on his ultimate and let's you play around with it a lot more. You can tweak numbers on MS and what not, but it's hard to toy around with stealth. You're either visible or not visible. GG.

I love the skill-bola. I leap, I stab, i bola, i stab again, i roar, and then i stab a few more times. OR, now I can skill-bola from range (it's probably further than it was), and if it lands i go in to combo. If not, I wait for cds. This just makes more sense to me now, and I feel his kit allows you to tweak him in more ways, more easily.

Thanks for your hard work Scar

Tachi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-16-2013

Oh, removing the icon over enemies when he ults because it takes away the threat?

Please, tell me how this is beneficial to Warwick then.

BBBombBB

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-16-2013

Wow I might actually have to play Rengar now because these changes look amazing. And now I feel like he is really different from Kha'Zix. And is the bonetooth necklace 20% increased damage passive a unique one?