Types of players who win games

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

inept

12-15-2009

i was going to post something similar to the nuisance but it was taken care of

add shaco to TF/teemo list

I usually end games <5-0-<5 but a ****load of turret kills and a lot of frustrated opponents as I blink/cleanse/blink away from their entire team.

Fishticuffs

12-15-2009

The Modest Movemaker doesn't go 21-2-9 in a game. They might not even go 2-2-9. Still, you know that if they weren't part of your team that match, the results wouldn't have been the same. It's not until you check the grid when after counting your newly earned IP that you notice the 35,000 health restored, or myriad of buffs provided to you by their equipment that game. You might wonder, if they hadn't taken down those seven buildings, who would have? You won't hear them brag in game about their triumphs, or hear the announcer recount their kill spree, but this player is one of the best there is. They know it, and so does any other contender in the arena.

Taric, Soraka, and Fiddle players come to mind here, amongst others.

Brokroma

12-15-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishticuffs View Post
The Modest Movemaker doesn't go 21-2-9 in a game. They might not even go 2-2-9. Still, you know that if they weren't part of your team that match, the results wouldn't have been the same. It's not until you check the grid when after counting your newly earned IP that you notice the 35,000 health restored, or myriad of buffs provided to you by their equipment that game. You might wonder, if they hadn't taken down those seven buildings, who would have? You won't hear them brag in game about their triumphs, or hear the announcer recount their kill spree, but this player is one of the best there is. They know it, and so does any other contender in the arena.

Taric, Soraka, and Fiddle players come to mind here, amongst others.
As a fiddle player, I'm almost always doing it wrong if I don't hear the announcer recount my kill spree.

EDIT: Fiddle can serve the roles of Sweet Merciful Jesus (with fear/silence) and to some extent Carry of the Apocalypse if you let him get so much magic pen that crowstorm instagibs the other team.

DarkSplatter

12-16-2009

The Ninja

This Cat has skills, he's the one who goes 25/0/0 and doesn't say a word. He's the silent type, because he likes hearing his kill spree's being announced, he's the dude who steals everyones kills, then proceeds to win 5v1 battles against the entire enemy team, he doesn't win with class or grace, and he might even get flamed, he thinks he can rely on no-one but himself, and he gets the job done in a spectacular fashion. Whether people like him or not, similar to the Carry of the Apocalypse.

Some champions that spring to my mind are Katrina, Twisted Fate (to an extent) and Warwick.

He is, to some extent the Carry of the Apocalypse.

Epistemic

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

12-16-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pred8or View Post
The suicidal lane partner that always gets away:

This guy lives life on the edge, he jumps into 2v1 melee fights with 1/4 health left, he tower dives at level 3, he chases an enemy to all the way to their base when all the turrets are still up, and yet every time he gets the kill and somehow manages to get away with his health bar at zero. He gets into people's heads and often turns into the 35 - 3 - 8 supercarry.

Jax, Master Yi, DR. Mundo and of course Tryndamere players come to mind.
This is so me (also my friend Zobo). You forgot to put Kayle on the list of heroes, maybe Zilean too.

Jothki

12-16-2009

The Siege Tank

He walks up to towers and kills them. If someone shows up to stop him, he ignores them and continues beating on the tower, and there's absolutely nothing the enemy can do to stop him. If enough people show up to actually be a threat, he backs off then waits for them to disperse before going back to destroying towers.

On a good day, that's how I play Mundo.

BackslashZr0

12-16-2009

I suppose I'm the dynamic/hybrid/all-around superstar player, being Mr. Map Awareness / Your Lord and Savior / The Elusive / The Cleaner / The Skill Shot / Carry of the Apocalypse (when fed) / and I suppose the Ninja also sometimes.

All made possible with Twisted Fate.

Veissdrachen

12-16-2009

Methinks you have forgotten:

The Danger Ranger. He's the guy who singlehandedly whoops you and your team mate in the grass before minions spawn, and limps away with 1hp. Magically appears outta nowhere and picks you off when you thought he was on the other side of the map, even though he doesn't have Teleport. He's got style, he's got grace, and he's always in the right place. He is, the Danger Ranger.

Evolves into the Carry of the Apocalypse, requires being Mr. Map Awareness and The Elusive.

Generally known to be Evelynn, Twitch, Yi, or Sivir. Honorable mention goes to Ashe.

If I had to analyze myself, I would say I'm the Elusive and possibly the Nuisance, and when I'm at the top of my game, the aforementioned Danger Ranger. My Sivir tends to scream "Kill Me Now" when she ganks you with the Boomerang from max range, when you thought it would never hit you.

Beegly Boogs

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-16-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by BackslashZr0 View Post
I suppose I'm the dynamic/hybrid/all-around superstar player, being Mr. Map Awareness / Your Lord and Savior / The Elusive / The Cleaner / The Skill Shot / Carry of the Apocalypse (when fed) / and I suppose the Ninja also sometimes.

All made possible with Twisted Fate.
TF has no skill shots.

Holypope

12-16-2009

The Girlfriend:

This player's the one that's enabling you to rain hell down on the enemies. He's doing it at his own expense... He gets auras to help you, he baits the enemy, he taunts, and more often then not, he's dead in 5 seconds. Fortunately, his boosts and sacrifices are getting you triple kills. He might not be the best player, but he'll follow you loyally and at the very least, set up a hell of a lot of kills for you. This player may also be the impov tank that's squishy, but sees that a team fight needs to happen. He runs in dies, but you're the last one standing... +1 for the team.

Sadly, it's this player that gets ratted on the most by players that just look at the hard stats. when a casual onlooker sees a maverick and a girlfriend on the stat sheet, he sees a feeder and a compensator, not an enabler and the result.

More often than not, this character is actually someone's girlfriend.

ps
please stop making her cry. she's doing a real good job and if you want me to keep getting 2 dozen kills, I need her on my team.