POV in Summoners Rift

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Phourc

08-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotForScience View Post
We are considering various options to remedy this problem
All of my upvotes, glad this is still on the radar.

Have you guys considered, as an 'easier' fix, moving the location of the screen lock slightly to compensate for purple team? I tend to hold down spacebar for the majority of a match, but it gives me significantly more top-right view than bottom-left, pretty much sealing my doom if I'm up against a skillshot champ ):

lSYME

08-15-2013

Entheos Geon

08-16-2013

Why not just tilt the whole map 45 degrees so it's horizontal like Twisted Treeline? I don't see why this would cause any problems.

Kinaro

08-16-2013

They could rotate the map 45 clockwise, so both sides are the same, like Twisted Treeline.

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entheos Geon View Post
Why not just tilt the whole map 45 degrees so it's horizontal like Twisted Treeline? I don't see why this would cause any problems.
**** me.

While they are at it, I hope they will mirror blue and purple, so both blue buffs are on the same side and Dragon/Baron are in the middle of the river.

I'm eager to see what they got for us in Season 4!

Muataur

08-16-2013

Simplest fix? Increase the scale you can zoom out but keep the fog of war where it is. That way no matter what side you are on you can see max distance, max being the fog of war.

Redlinefox

08-16-2013

For purple side, I like the idea of just taking the UI or HUD and flipping it to the top of the screen while creep score, kills, timers, etc are moved down to the bottom. Changing the POV is a big investment to make and would require a lot of resources. "Simpler" things like being able to customize your Heads Up Display are way cooler and give more power to the players, which leads to a better experience for the players.

I think Riot should consider more options for a customizable HUD in the future.

Matzospheres

08-16-2013

bump

TheLarrBear

08-16-2013

i would love it if we had a checkbox in the UI menu that said "rotate camera angle 180 if on purple team" so that it would basically give us the exact same view as the blue team. personally i feel that i play so much better with the camera locked just because i don't have to deal with constantly micromanaging the camera to be perfect at all times and i can focus on landing/dodging skill shots so much easier, and when i'm on the blue team the field of view always seems to be perfect when the camera is locked (with a few exceptions of course, using long ranged skills like ziggs or cait's ult for example).

but anyway, there's lots of good suggestions already posted here, i also liked the idea of rotating the maps (summoner's rift and howling abyss) by 45 so both teams have the same field of view like they do on twisted treeline and crystal scar, and also adding an option for the locked camera view to focus on the center point between all champions in a lane or area (basically making the camera try to keep both champions in view at all times for solo lanes, all 4 champions in view for duo lanes, or all 10 for team fights).

hopefully this little problem can be remedied before season 4 starts :>

Zhoke

08-20-2013

how about riot actually trying to improve the game and take advice from the players

torunekoLoL

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

08-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhoke View Post
how about riot actually trying to improve the game and take advice from the players
they probably will. and i hope it will be a good fix.