A Wild Knifecat Appears! (Rengar Discussion)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BlueKnife

08-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonelyLiamNeeson View Post
Are you telling me that Rengar grew up alone in the jungle and never used poison-tipped anything even with a full stacked BTN? C'mon. Do it. You know you want to.
Are you saying that you want to eat poisoned food?

Zerglinator

08-15-2013

We wait for the prey...

NA Darklarik

08-15-2013

Im eagerly awaiting today's said update :3

Currymancer

08-15-2013

buff rengar

Evangelos

08-15-2013

Elaboration where?!

Tsuusetsu

08-15-2013

Just keep him as an assassin. Feels like they are trying to push his bruiser role and get rid of his assassin one. He's one of the few champs in the game that I actually enjoy playing and is a good assasin. Anxious to see the update, and the new BTN.

Aloretec

08-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnem View Post
Glitterlance from Lulu
Skarner's E is looking like it's going to be a skillshot now
Ezreal used to slow on W
Ashe's W slows when she has Q
Kha'zix W has a slow
Zenith Blade has a bind even

I wouldn't mind it being a skill shot at all if it meant that it actually bound someone or something useful. As of now it's just a means to get through laning alone by getting harass.
Kha is also an AOE heal(only reason it's leveled first)
Ash okay.
Skarner's E also has a heal...and most people can't tell you what his E does
So outta those only Lulu slow actually feels important and effective.

Chaosos

08-15-2013

Karma Q is slow on a skillshot. Also the point on Skarner's E is that post rework it's going to get the slow from his Q (Kit reshuffle).

Anyways, the main advantage of a skillshot is added range usually and the ability to get FoW snipes and bush checks. So bola skill shot would have probably 800 range. As a whole though it doesn't seem to enhance the kit to make bola a skill shot, so I'm glad it's remaining targeted.

PSIrocin

08-16-2013

I am excited to see Ren get some changes! Some ideas I've been playing around with (warning they could be awful):

W- why not give health regen? and then Emp would give even greater health regen, maybe based off missing health?

alt W- not sure how much you want to change up his kit, but I think a battle roar would put prey on edge, maybe slow them or weaken them? Emp could still heal.

Battle Roar just sounds like a buff/debuff skill really.

E-Why not make it a sort of charge up skill? would have decreased speed as he winds it, but would throw it further and slow longer? Right now i don't feel very strong about the bola because I feel like Ren could out run in his bola. I always thought of him more as a skill based hunter rather than gadget based. I feel his headhunter skin is closer to the kind of hunter I imagine he is (wearing more trophies than just warriors armor)

Alt E- I would really an active pounce, or a four legged run. It would help him catch his targets with out relying on tools. (The bush leap is awesome though, so maybe he could just run on four legs during R.)

2nd alt E- if rengar were to use any traps or tools, I feel like he would use a sort of bush trap knocks back(or forward) or ensnares. Emp would just make trap last longer or give more vision.

R- I think the icon/VO telegraph is fine. I think it would add another layer to his ult, instead of it just being a straight killing tool, it could corral enemies, for an early team fight or just to distract them from a push. Say Ren pops ult near bot, everyone rushes to crowd around carry and fight off Ren. Ren milks the time a bit, then runs up top or mid to push.

I forgot where or who mentioned it, but I do like the idea of Rengar marking a favored target after killing or casting on them so many times. I think it would give Rengar some utility for the team (the target receives some kind of debuff or something).

Maybe this is too much, but his R could have him both turn invisible and get a speed buff, as well as mark an enemy as his target. Then, if Rengar kills the target within a certain, his team receives bonus gold. Of course, this could lead to more planning than action (which isn't good when seconds are on the clock). Perhaps if Ren kills an enemy during or right after R, his team gets bonus gold.

BTN- I don't want to get into numbers (as mentioned, they can always be tuned), and these are in no particular order.

#-Standing in bush gives a slight health regen based off how much health is missing

I imagine that a great hunter can lick his wounds, and I think this could promote certain actions. It could open a greater risk/reward option for hanging around enemy jungle, or trying to stay in any jungle to get a kill while on low health (instead of returning to base for full healing) This would also make the jungle like Rengars second home, giving him really fair sustain against other junglers.

#- Tenacity could be nice.

#-slight speed boost, and decay after leaving bush. OR, he could retain invisibility after leaving bush for a very short time (like around 1 second). The short invis after bush would help for positioning, escapes or ganks.

#- could gain up to % attack when he hasn't attacked a champion in a while.

#- Grants an aura that slows enemy champions near him when he is in bush. A large radius with a minor slow, or a very restricted radius with a heavy slow (as this aura would give away his position). This would be after high stacks though, after the enemy has already started to fear Rengar.

Totally crazy idea, would pretty much rework Ren but: What if Rengar needed to hunt? He would gain stacks or bonuses for killing champions (or maybe just for dealing decent damage to them), but if he hasn't attacked a champion in too long he would get crazy stat changes. I am kind of playing with the idea of Thresh's souls here.

He gets some stat increasing stacks for killing enemy champions, but he gets bored if it's the same target. When I think of (some) hunters, I think of that insane need to always go bigger: it was a bear this year so it has to be an elephant next year. In gameplay translation, if Ren keeps killing the same target he will make a remark, and the benefits he would normally get from the kill would be lower and get lower each time he killed the target he had grown bored of. I think this would make sense for Rengar as a hunger, and encourage him to not just pick on the adc the whole game (or a similar scenario)

Going off this need to hunt buff, he could also become Battle Starved after not killing a champion in too long. Being Battle Starved would give a spell shield, increase in attack and speed, but also lower defense or something like that. Basically, he is crazy with lust for battle, so can ignore one piece of CC and gain a good amount of damage, but he would also be at risk in terms of def or health. It's the kind of thrill I could see a predator enjoying.

Sorry if these suggestions were all way off, it's pretty late here and I've been up for too long.

08-16-2013

can you plz update us with the new changes , cant wait anymore :PP