Help finding a champ to fit my team

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Typhar

08-14-2013

One teammate uses Karma (though he's open to lulu/eve/lissandra/vi/Kayle).
The other teammate uses Renekton or Udyr.

Unlike them, I use a crapload of champions, and I have no idea who would be the best fit. Leblanc is my favorite champion, but I doubt she'd work well here. I've had success with lee sin jungling (+Karma/Renekton), but I imagine I'd rarely get to play as him in ranked, so I need a backup if I stick with him. I've also had success with Caitlyn(+Karma/Udyr), and her traps are extremely useful, but I keep reading that vayne and ezreal are the only ADCs worth using.

Any recommendations on a third champ to fit this team?

A short list of champs I can use, with the ones I particularly enjoy using in bold:
Nunu, Cassiopeia, Khazix, Master Yi, Elise, Rumble, Nidalee, Lissandra, Zed, Kennen, Caitlyn, Leblanc, Katarina.

Mavrik V

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-14-2013

Well you have Karma, an APC buffer/kiter, and Renekton/Udyr, two bruisers who both have bruiser carry potential with strong CC peel.

If you want to get far, you need a jungler, like you said, and LeeSin is a very strong way to go (he's actually never banned, maybe first picked, but not banned). Nunu is another strong jungler who is more frequently banned. Khazix is a great jungler as well. Master Yi jungles well, but is easily counter-picked/shut-down. Elise is a master AP jungler, and is frequently banned. Zed also is a great jungle pick. Those are you best jungler picks.

Alternatively, Udyr/Eve/Kayle can jungle, and you can lane with any of the above mentioned picks, or one of your power APC picks like Cass/Rumble/Nidalee/Lissandra/Kennen. Trust me when I say you want to roll with the AD top, jungler, APC bot meta.

Diabloz123

08-14-2013

Well, Karma will probably be bottom and Rene will probably be top. So that leaves you with the jungle. I would recommend Zed because you enjoy using him so much. You will have fast clear times in the jungle, and you'll be able to gank frequently. If the enemy team has a jungler, you could easily gank bottom (because they will more than likely be a AP squishy)and with the added support from Karma you could easily get a kill. Renek is a beast tank in team fights so your job should be destroying any squishes you can.

Trefia

08-15-2013

Amumu JarvanIV Funny becuz my team ran the same comp karma bot Renek top i always went amumu or j4 and we are gold 1 promo for plat now so it works hah

RiotRorrim

Technical Quality Analyst

08-15-2013
1 of 1 Riot Posts

I agree with Diabloz, Zed is a strong choice on that team, either in the jungle or solo. I feel like between Udyr and Karma you have good sustained damage on the team and toughness, so you need some burst damage, and Zed fits that niche nicely. He also fits well into the slipperiness of the team overall.

On a side note, while LeBlanc does suffer a bit due to the tendency for TT characters to be pretty tanky/bruisery, if you see a team with a noteable squishy to blow up I'd say go for it, and maybe run Udyr or Karma in the jungle if possible.

Koechophe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-15-2013

Just as a quick note, Karma is usually best played top, not mid. As a short ranged tanky/cc mage, she really just does better against bruisers.

PipsqueakTheBold

08-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koechophe View Post
Just as a quick note, Karma is usually best played top, not mid. As a short ranged tanky/cc mage, she really just does better against bruisers.

I agree, mid karma sucks on twisted treeline. You can never get enough minion farm. (Kappa)

Typhar

08-15-2013

Thanks for the help, everyone. I'll give Zed a shot next time

Sam

08-15-2013

Elise is actually one of the strongest choices atm, team comps eh. She can fit into any team composition whether from jungling with her which I recommend or laning as an AP assassin. Elise is flat out OP.

Evil King Boo

08-18-2013

Zed all the way. Quick burst and shadow manipulation ability is perfect.