POV in Summoners Rift

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SharpShot23

08-13-2013

Dear Riot Games,
I've always enjoyed playing on summoners rift, but I always find it hard to play on purple team due to the lack of view because of the bar and map on the bottom. I would like to suggest for the next patch update, you can change the POV for purple team. For example, when on purple team, the POV is the same as if you were on blue team. I would really appreciate it if you took this into consideration.
Thank you.
SharpShot23

CyberTootie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-15-2013

Switching the POV was an option in beta but was removed due to the resulting communication confusion between players.

RiotForScience

Senior Environment Artist

08-15-2013
1 of 1 Riot Posts

We are considering various options to remedy this problem

DeafCatMoan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-15-2013

Riot has been "Considering Options" since beta.

MandyMemory

08-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotForScience View Post
What about a button that hides the skill bar/player stats and makes the minimap 50% transparent?

edit: make a button and a toggle.

GetSharked

08-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotForScience View Post

Pls, RiotForScience, do what @above said it's the easiest fix you can put in quickly. The main reason purple sucks is cause your skills and picture block the bottom portion of the screen. Just make a smaller version that shoes your gold level and qwer cds in a small box somewhere.

Hollywood Cool

08-15-2013

So, I have a suggestion and I hope it reaches Riot's ears/eyes.

How about a display option that can set the transparency of the UI? It won't totally make things disappear and some things could probably remain solid or more solid than other decorative parts of the UI, but it will do nothing but help you out.

Mirror

08-15-2013

Would it not be 1000000x easier to have the option to flip the UI to the top half of the screen? Like zero technical cost.

P2Mc28

08-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirror View Post
Would it not be 1000000x easier to have the option to flip the UI to the top half of the screen? Like zero technical cost.
There is only one thing that is ever that easy. Just ONE THING. Everything else is vastly more difficult.

That one thing is to do nothing.

It's easy to come up with things that sounds simple. But then you have to think about what that actually involves. How is the UI built? Are there elements of it that assume the orientation of the UI, as it is? For instance, the recent hotfix that alters the window size for certain resolutions to prevent clipping of the bottom of the UI. Would that fix play nice, or would there be sudden bugs? What about changing UI scale; the elements would no longer be attached to the "bottom" of the screen, they'd be attached to the top. Would the scaling feature know this, or would it have to be re-coded so the elements remained properly anchored to the correct place? Not to mention, now you have to add that new setting to the options menu, mess with the databases, etc.

Sorry, this is a pet peeve of mine. I get asked to do "5 minute fixes" and "quick features" all the time, and people rarely know what they're talking about =\

Imaqtdong

08-15-2013

Hows about Riot implements an option to hide all or part of the UI for experienced players.

Or have an option to make UI fade when you mouseover it. ofc clicking on ui would have to be disabled.