IMPORTANT: Arcade Hecarim needs his “Game Over” sign!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Donkey

08-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenmar View Post
How about this Bit...why not ****ing realize that NONE of arcade hecarim's themes are retro at all. Why not just go all the way and go full on modern gaming skin? I mean you have a mobile game reference and one arcade reference. That's pretty much it. The rest are just retro graphics for the sake of retro graphics.
Nobody said it has to be retro. There are tons of arcades still around with modern games in them.

Sarminia

08-15-2013

Wan a cult answer? TRY AGAIN? or INSERT A COIN! <--- can be good for a arcade twisted fate XD!

Orpheon

08-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entity Zero View Post
Why not pay homage to a retro theme and have him like, explode similar to something like megaman, drop coins around him like sonic, or maybe even have him turn into pixels that fall apart.
But Pulsefire Ezreal is Megaman in all but name. Extremely similar death animation, special particles on unit kills...yeah, he's basically Megaman. Arguably X, what with the whole grimdark future deal.

lose all day

Tyrannus0

Recruiter

08-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orpheon View Post
But Pulsefire Ezreal is Megaman in all but name. Extremely similar death animation, special particles on unit kills...yeah, he's basically Megaman. Arguably X, what with the whole grimdark future deal.
Not surprising to hear this from the guy with Omega as his FEK. :P

DarkoHellbane

08-15-2013

Insert tokens to continue

DowncastHarp

08-15-2013

I think he should have one of those "slowly blink away until completely disappearing" after he falls onto the ground.

hotfire

08-15-2013

I like the current animation. It looks familiar from an older system game, but i cant place it.

DowncastHarp

08-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotfire View Post
I like the current animation. It looks familiar from an older system game, but i cant place it.
I don't think it references a certain retro game character's death since Bitsplosion said it was a reference to a retro game trope. What that trope is, for me, is hard to put a finger on... Anybody got any answers to what trope it is exactly?

TriSpada Kotori

08-15-2013

Try these:
"U NEED MORE PRACTICE"
"STAGE FAILED"
"FISSION MAILED"

Given the RUA/GH references, though, perhaps it would be better to base the death animation on those, somehow?