IMPORTANT: Arcade Hecarim needs his “Game Over” sign!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Torenia

08-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitsplosion View Post
Hoy, folks!

I was toying around with this idea during the skin's development and tried a few different forms of "thing that pops up on death", but the more I experimented with it the more it felt too much like Arcade Sona. Hecarim's death DOES still pay homage to a specific retro game trope, and in cases like this where we get to make nods to a culture as rich as video game history, I'll always opt for adding more variety! Ultimately, I think an arcade skin should be defined by its love for gaming culture, not necessarily a specific type of game over.
I disagree, I think it is an iconic thing to have the Game Over on all the Arcade skins much like the pixelated status related things

Voidgolem

08-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuujinmaru View Post
The point isnt that you are making all skins the same but the GAME OVER is a motif of the Arcade skin type.

edit: Just like how it wouldnt be a Riot Skin (Graves, Nasus, Blitz, etc) without it saying RIOT on skin, thus a motif. And gg downvotes because people dont know what the word motif means. Glad to see that I am in a classy educated group.
we're calling a single feature of one skin a motif for all other skins? Call me skeptical but I'd think arcadey/retro-style takes precedence over a death animation in that department.

Thaldrin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-15-2013

Quote:
Hoy, folks!

I was toying around with this idea during the skin's development and tried a few different forms of "thing that pops up on death", but the more I experimented with it the more it felt too much like Arcade Sona. Hecarim's death DOES still pay homage to a specific retro game trope, and in cases like this where we get to make nods to a culture as rich as video game history, I'll always opt for adding more variety! Ultimately, I think an arcade skin should be defined by its love for gaming culture, not necessarily a specific type of game over.

Give him a dying Yoshi sound!!!!

Orimza

08-15-2013

I like the "Continue?: [Yes] l No"

Vortex IV

Recruiter

08-15-2013

Quote:
Hoy, folks!

Make him spin around and then disappear the same way as when pacman dies.

Tyrannus0

Recruiter

08-15-2013

Quote:
Hoy, folks!

So why doesn't he explode in a brilliant rainbowtastic pyroclasm?

Voidgolem

08-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrannus0 View Post
So why doesn't he explode in a brilliant rainbowtastic pyroclasm?
...so have you just not seen his death animation or...?

Tyrannus0

Recruiter

08-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voidgolem View Post
...so have you just not seen his death animation or...?
Looks the same as the normal one.

JabbaClown

Gløry

08-15-2013

Quote:
Hoy, folks!

Gotta say I'm disappointed to hear this. I think the continuity between the two skins would have been neat.