A Wild Knifecat Appears! (Rengar Discussion)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GreatWeelo

08-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelnath View Post
I'm totally downloading this version now to take a sneak peek at it before tomorrow...
I see now why you are known as the wizardlock, right hand of the 7th order of obsidian blackfire ebonstone dark.

Rengar my love

08-15-2013

Pls be gentle, even at the best of times, Rengar can be frustrated at me.

And it breaks my heart- if you were to hurt him now, I'd fear he would sink into a rage that he would never shake, and that I would lose him.

Ycore

08-15-2013

48 Red posts on Rengar's remake and we haven't even gotten to release yet. How many Red posts were there involved in Karma's remake that involved the community in her redesign "vision"? ZERO. All she got were some "damage control" Red posts after the fact that basically said "too bad so sad" with some vague Scarizard commitment to make her fun and have a playstyle more like original Karma. Of course we never heard from him again..

Seriously, not here to steal any thunder and I'm happy that Rengar is being reworked in a way that has considered his loyal player base's feedback. It just leaves such a bitter taste in my mouth to see so many caring, involved, Red posts here while Karma fans got nothing after two years worth of waiting except the middle finger and some champ that doesn't look, sound, or even play anything like the one they loved and loyally championed for years.

Barnem

08-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ycore View Post
48 Red posts on Rengar's remake and we haven't even gotten to release yet. How many Red posts were there involved in Karma's remake that involved the community in her redesign "vision"? ZERO. All she got were some "damage control" Red posts after the fact that basically said "too bad so sad" with some vague Scarizard commitment to make her fun and have a playstyle more like original Karma. Of course we never heard from him again..

Seriously, not here to steal any thunder and I'm happy that Rengar is being reworked in a way that has considered his loyal player base's feedback. It just leaves such a bitter taste in my mouth to see so many caring, involved, Red posts here while Karma fans got nothing after two years worth of waiting except the middle finger and some champ that doesn't look, sound, or even play anything like the one they loved and loyally championed for years.
Take it to your own thread please.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg tinyviolin.jpg (9.5 KB, 80 views)

Ycore

08-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnem View Post
Take it to your own thread please.
Would be happy to except the unaddressed 1000 page Karma thread was moved to the abyss known as "Champion Feedback" and the new 100+ page one in GD has been similarly ignored. Though I'll be sure to email you a tiny violin too if/when you aren't happy with the Rengar remake.

No need to respond, didn't mean or want to hijack this thread and won't post further. Agin, happy you guys as well as Rengar are getting just treatment. Just wanted to voice something in a place that had some Red visibility concerning remakes..

Misogoop6

08-15-2013

Sneak peek of the upcoming Rengar work. https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.n...60325471_n.jpg

Aloretec

08-15-2013

If bola strike ever becomes a skill shot it better be more than a slow.

I can't think of one other slow skill shot in this game and the entire point of putting abilities into skill shot slots is to amp up the power.

Barnem

08-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by EraserxRain View Post
If bola strike ever becomes a skill shot it better be more than a slow.

I can't think of one other slow skill shot in this game and the entire point of putting abilities into skill shot slots is to amp up the power.
Glitterlance from Lulu
Skarner's E is looking like it's going to be a skillshot now
Ezreal used to slow on W
Ashe's W slows when she has Q
Kha'zix W has a slow
Zenith Blade has a bind even

I wouldn't mind it being a skill shot at all if it meant that it actually bound someone or something useful. As of now it's just a means to get through laning alone by getting harass.

LonelyLiamNeeson

08-15-2013

Are you telling me that Rengar grew up alone in the jungle and never used poison-tipped anything even with a full stacked BTN? C'mon. Do it. You know you want to.

Anymeese

08-15-2013

Scarizard can you please answer just one concern of mine?

The problem I have with Rengar's design -- REGARDLESS of his kit/resource issues -- is his reliance on Bonetooth necklace. If there's an item only I can get, I'm gonna get it every game. Simple. Therefore, if the item takes up one of my 5-6 item slots, it better give me some real power. Instead, Bonetooth:
1) Gives you ~800g worth of power, which is fine really early, but USELESS lategame. If you dont have 14 trophies, it's a wasted slot by endgame
2) If you're ahead, you're REALLY ahead. If you're behind, gg you wasted 800g for like 10 AD

I would love to see EITHER multiple upgrades for BTN (gold-wise) or a way to get trophies when youre losing hard and die more than you get kills/assists.

Have yall played around with anything like this? If so, would you mind telling me how it went?