Skarner, I miss your kind

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Driptorch

08-14-2013

Full disclosure: This idea is based more on flavor than anything else.

Instead of a shield on W, it would be fun if he got the speed burst and burrowed for x seconds. While burrowed, players could see a mound of earth where he is but he would be untargetable. There would be a fun fear factor as you saw the mound coming at you. Also, exploding out of the ground to start dealing damage and slowing would be amazing. I am not sure how balanced being untargetable would be but at least the opponents could see where you are so there is still room for counterplay.

skittlzlol

08-14-2013

I'm a little disappointed, this was an opportunity to create something unique but instead an Aatrox E copy ensues.

Fumanju

08-14-2013

I would absolutely love it if he actually felt more like a scorpion, I'd love it if they gave him something 'new,' his ulti is very nice, but I think he would be much more fun with a gap closer so you could engage with said gap closer, and then ulti the enemy carry. I just think he'd be much more fun if you had to plan how you would engage, and use some tactics instead of popping ghost, w, and then hopefully getting to the enemy carry.

oldRakdos

08-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driptorch View Post

Instead of a shield on W, it would be fun if he got the speed burst and burrowed for x seconds. While burrowed, players could see a mound of earth where he is but he would be untargetable. There would be a fun fear factor as you saw the mound coming at you. Also, exploding out of the ground to start dealing damage and slowing would be amazing. I am not sure how balanced being untargetable would be but at least the opponents could see where you are so there is still room for counterplay.
that can be the ult of a future earth-themed champ

Majin Bl3u

08-14-2013

Quote:

This is a fantastic idea. Unfortunately Riot is treating this rework like an unwanted son and is unwilling to spend any time making new animations/particle effects/etc for Skarner. They basically want to rework him and make him popular purely by moving around the effects of the abilities and fiddling with numbers.

All champions were NOT created equal. MLK is disgusted!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Best Glitches NA View Post
I'm a little disappointed, this was an opportunity to create something unique but instead an Aatrox E copy ensues.
Except Aatrox's E is already more Unique due it being 2 lines that come together at a point and not just a single line with some fixed width. So Skarner gets a "dulled down" replica of Aatrox's E.

SeductiveBunny

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-14-2013

Nerf skarner 10 patchs in a row

Hey guiez y isnt skarner played ne moarz derp

skittlzlol

08-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Bl3u View Post
This is a fantastic idea. Unfortunately Riot is treating this rework like an unwanted son and is unwilling to spend any time making new animations/particle effects/etc for Skarner. They basically want to rework him and make him popular purely by moving around the effects of the abilities and fiddling with numbers.

All champions were NOT created equal. MLK is disgusted!

Except Aatrox's E is already more Unique due it being 2 lines that come together at a point and not just a single line with some fixed width. So Skarner gets a "dulled down" replica of Aatrox's E.
Yeah true, "dulled down" is a great way to put it. I was hoping for more unique interaction, even if they kept the on hit effect After firing a line nuke that slows, fits the cdr per hit kit very nicely.

F5 OUTTA NOWHERE

08-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by EndlesssEntropyy View Post
HAHAHA this made me lol so hard

Sightless66

08-14-2013

Quote:

Interesting, but doesn't really work for Skarner. This change essentially removes Skarner's durability and replaces it with increased intimation power (because he can't be kited while using it). Removing the shield takes away a lot of his brawling and dueling power, taking him from a powerful melee fighter to probably about an average one. So, unlike now where you have to fear the scorpion when he manages to close in on you, you would be much more able to just kill or outfight the scorpion after he closes in on you. The increased initiation power it gives him won't be enough to make up for that. He'll still be a substandard initiator because he'll still give enemies time to react because he doesn't close for that grab any quicker, and that aoe slow when he deburrows can't equal an actual hard CC like Sejuani or Nautilus. The only time it will really help him avoid cc is when he's trying to initiate while rushing right down a lane, but that's also the time when the enemy team will have ample opportunity to react. Minimal usefulness compared to what is lost. So, he goes from a great brawler and substandard initiator to a decent brawler and a slightly less substandard initiator. I don't think that will help him.

I like the idea, but I think it doesn't really fit with the rest of his kit, and it would significantly change his playstyle and his role. It only really fits with him thematically, but that's not a good enough reason to change Skarner that drastically. Better to put it on a new champion instead (Listen up Riot. We'd all love to see it).

JamesGatsby

08-14-2013

The only things I would like to add to this thread are: change his movement animation as his movement speed increases to make him look like he is going faster. As it is now, he feels slow (to me), even at 550 ish move speed. The other thing would be a small lurch forward as he casts his ult (like Udyr bear stance).