#FreeTheMinions

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Starrow

08-13-2013

/sign

LordTobiothan

08-13-2013

Neat thought, but A. there robots, B. You cant die on summoners rift, you'd just be reincarnated by the nexus. So even if they were sentient, they aren't losing their lives.

KnightxSScarlett

08-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordTobiothan View Post
Neat thought, but A. there robots, B. You cant die on summoners rift, you'd just be reincarnated by the nexus. So even if they were sentient, they aren't losing their lives.
I'd like to congratulate you on trying to defend such a controversial issue. The fact of the matter is that unless you're willing to admit that robots have souls (which is a whole 'nother can of worms) you have to admit that the minions are at the very least alive. Now let's address this claim that "You can't die on summoner's rift". I want you to look at your normal stats and see the stat "Minions slain". Slain is "slay" in past-tense. What does slay mean?

Copied from online merriam-webster:

1: to kill violently, wantonly, or in great numbers; broadly : to strike down : kill
2: to delight or amuse immensely <slayed the audience>

Now, of these two definitions, I highly doubt that minions are amused by getting struck with arrows every 1.3 seconds. This means that the minions have to be killed.

Let's suppose your nexus thought were true. Minions only spawn every 30 seconds after 1 min. That means that if I kill the nexus at, say 20:59, all minions killed between 20:30 an 20:59 are dead for good. YOU ARE STILL A MASS MURDERER KILLING MINIONS.

#FreeTheMinions

KnightxSScarlett

08-14-2013

Bump.

#FreeTheMinions

KnightxSScarlett

08-14-2013

#FreeTheMinions

KnightxSScarlett

08-14-2013

You people look like you're watching the LCS. It's the spectator sport of genocide, similar to how jewish prisoners would be thrown into arenas to fight bare-handed against fully armed gladiators. This is a mockery of life and you should all be ashamed of yourselves.

#FreeTheMinions

LordTobiothan

08-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mageinta Warrior View Post
I'd like to congratulate you on trying to defend such a controversial issue. The fact of the matter is that unless you're willing to admit that robots have souls (which is a whole 'nother can of worms) you have to admit that the minions are at the very least alive. Now let's address this claim that "You can't die on summoner's rift". I want you to look at your normal stats and see the stat "Minions slain". Slain is "slay" in past-tense. What does slay mean?

Copied from online merriam-webster:

1: to kill violently, wantonly, or in great numbers; broadly : to strike down : kill
2: to delight or amuse immensely <slayed the audience>

Now, of these two definitions, I highly doubt that minions are amused by getting struck with arrows every 1.3 seconds. This means that the minions have to be killed.

Let's suppose your nexus thought were true. Minions only spawn every 30 seconds after 1 min. That means that if I kill the nexus at, say 20:59, all minions killed between 20:30 an 20:59 are dead for good. YOU ARE STILL A MASS MURDERER KILLING MINIONS.

#FreeTheMinions
So if i kill Jarvan moments before destroying the nexus then the prince of Demacia is forever dead? How would half the champs still be alive? Turns out no. Whether they have souls or not they are just re-spawned like any champ is when they are killed.

KnightxSScarlett

08-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordTobiothan View Post
So if i kill Jarvan moments before destroying the nexus then the prince of Demacia is forever dead? How would half the champs still be alive? Turns out no. Whether they have souls or not they are just re-spawned like any champ is when they are killed.
The champions themselves do not ever actually go on to the fields of Justice. I can play Jarvan on one field and my friend can play Jarvan on another. When you "kill" a champion on the fields of Justice, that's actually a point at which the summoner "loses connection" to the rift. I believe the gold awarded is a bounty that the League awards you. That's why when you kill me, I still gain ambient gold and I do not lose any. It's also why if you kill me repeatedly, my bounty goes down. HOWEVER. You'll note that despite killing "the same minions" repeatedly, their bounty does not go down. This suggests that each minion is unique.

This is all ignoring that we had to consider your little "fact" in the first place. All of the evidence points to live minions, rather than dead ones. Occam's Razor, bro. Everything is easier to explain when you just accept that minions live and die on the Fields of Justice.

Your move, murderer.

#FreeTheMinions

yena

08-14-2013

bump for justice!

#freetheminions

KnightxSScarlett

08-14-2013

Yet another thousand+ minions have died for sport.

#FreeTheMinions