Pick Order vs. Call Order

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sarah A

08-12-2013

That's the dumbest decision Riot ever had. Thanks to that I'm always stuck with some *******s picking top first pick and getting countered.
Pick order should be Supp - Jungler - ADC - Mid - Top, to make sure the team gets less counters.

Riot Socrates

Systems Designer

08-13-2013
9 of 9 Riot Posts

Got some questions recently about whether this applies to normal draft since it's not called out specifically in the original post. We do feel this applies to normal draft as well ranked.

Dactylogram

08-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Socrates View Post
Got some questions recently about whether this applies to normal draft since it's not called out specifically in the original post. We do feel this applies to normal draft as well ranked.
Thank you for clearing that up.

Aeolian Melodies

08-13-2013

Quote:
More generally it's pretty rare to find a team who all insist on playing specific positions.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Stopped taking you seriously there.

9andahalffingers

08-13-2013

I find it odd that it applies in normal draft, since it is random order. I had a normal draft where one guy was ahead of me, pulled this, so I complied. The very next game I had, he was in last and I was in first

Krim32

08-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by riot socrates View Post
got some questions recently about whether this applies to normal draft since it's not called out specifically in the original post. We do feel this applies to normal draft as well ranked.
thank you

HKBS KyoKunChan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-13-2013

Quote:
No, normal draft is for me to have fun and try new things out, Ill pick what I want when I play normal.

Interceptor09

08-13-2013

Quote:
Yet no one obeys it, and everyone manipulates it to whatever suits their own need in that lobby.

i.e. if the jerk is 1st pick its "pick order", if hes last pick its "call order"

and people such as myself that dont want to engage in that mess everytime we queue? yea we are at the mercy of the toxic ragers that bully/rage/troll champ select. because if you try to reason or protest, it just makes it worse.

Do something about it, its really getting old and its just another fixable issue that (lets be honest) gets ignored by Riot. this thread is meaningless in champ select... its not like you can cite a Red post and the rager/troll/bully will be like "oh really? ok sorry man."

Do something about it, fast. This game has enough problems, fix the ones you can fix before its too late.

DarthReckoner

08-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKBS KyoKunChan View Post
No, normal draft is for me to have fun and try new things out, Ill pick what I want when I play normal.
And that is why so many normal games suck...

And why would you do a draft if you wanted to try something out??? Just do a blind pick or hell....breaking news......you can do a bot game to experiment.

RavenHusky

08-13-2013

How does pick vs call work in blind pick normals? There are times where I picked my champion before anyone says anything, and they'll insist that they have the role called despite having already been taken.