Where did the Announcements go?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vortex IV

08-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xin it to Win It View Post
We are absolutely listening and take your feedback to heart. This is a new system and we have a talented team working everyday to improve it. A big part of making it better, is getting feedback from you guys.
Why you have a team working at it at all doesn't make sense, because there was nothing wrong with the way it was before. The way you "improve it" is by leaving it alone and stopping next time you try to reinvent the wheel for no reason at all.

GG Crono

08-10-2013

I definitely liked seeing new announcements on the Dev Tracker.

Kijitow

08-10-2013

That seems exceedingly inconvenient. Please do not do this thing.

Jixson

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-10-2013

Having zero dev tracker posts for almost 2 days will make people stop coming to the forums.

At least ones show up on the tracker. Was there an announcement? Maybe, but I am not leaving the dev tracker to look for them.

The idea of reddit on the league forums is as badly done and received as the karma remake.

Firestorme

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-10-2013

Hey, I have an idea! How about next time you have an incredibly stupid idea, like "let's turn the forums into Reddit!" or "let's hide all the announcements somewhere no one will ever look!", make a post on GD asking if it's a good idea. The unanimously negative feedback should be a good sign NOT to do it, and you can save yourself the time and effort it takes to actually implement the idea, and then change it back afterwards because it was stupid.

Frostfire20

08-11-2013

Personally, I use Reign of Gaming's dev tracker to watch for interesting red topics. I only visit the site to view the sales and announcements (the latter of which is rare, Lucien release date anyone?). Anyway, if I have something to say, I'll take the extra steps to go into the forums and comment, but usually I'll stick to the site.

I think I might like the change, BUT I use dev trackers WAAAAAAAAY more than I check the site. There's just no good announcements anymore, so there's no reason to come here.

Gudge

08-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xin it to Win It View Post
You can visit the news section, or the sales category directly.

http://beta.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/news/

http://beta.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/news/store/sales
Thanks for the URLs, the sale one is very useful. BUT, how could I discover these via the website? I don't see any link from the News page that uses the sale URL, for example.

And what other cool URLs are there? Is there one for champion rotation, for example?

Bregan

08-11-2013

i cant say anything new that hasnt been said already, but this is a horrible move. i really want my announcements back, HERE.

Lord Gojulas

08-12-2013

Another Champ/Skin sale and not a place for us to talk about it =/. Other than the stupid flawed comments section. Heck, more bundles! And not a place to talk about it (Its not even on the freaking front page as I type this yet). Just start posting most recent news stuff here again ffs Riot -.-.

Sylph

Emissary of the League

08-12-2013

Bring the announcements back to the announcements section please. Missing out on League news is bad business, and having to read it up on another 3rd party site rather than the official company site is pretty disheartening.