Where did the Announcements go?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tali

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-08-2013

Please keep the announcements in this forum, I think so many people are going to be thrown for a loop over a change that isn't really necessary.

Art336

08-08-2013

So are they just trolling or is this stupidity for cereal?

Fetalol

08-08-2013

The new system is too much of a pain - I just don't check anymore.

Aregionius

Senior Wrenchman

08-09-2013

As someone who comes to the website regularly to use the forums, dunno why you'd want to leave the forums, go to the news sections to find announcements and comment there, when before you just stayed in the forums...and commented...because it's a forum.

You can read news out of the game client, you use a forum because it's a forum.

The current top news post right now is also a great example of why the Reddit system makes your eyes bleed as a forum replacement.

Name:  example.jpg
Views: 3488
Size:  71.5 KB

This is the top reply, which aside from being illegible, is pretty useless as a post. But it's the #1 thing that appears, not because it got upvoted, but because the guy right below made fun of a terrible post. Super helpful...

BlueWallpaper

08-10-2013

Seems like it 's just going to make browsing the announcements/news harder for no real gain at all....

Universally negative feedback.... anyone care to bet on Riot listening to the player base versus just plowing on anyway?

Hi Geoffrey

aka Bazner

Follow Xin it to Win It on Twitter

08-10-2013
4 of 7 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aregionius View Post
As someone who comes to the website regularly to use the forums, dunno why you'd want to leave the forums, go to the news sections to find announcements and comment there, when before you just stayed in the forums...and commented...because it's a forum.

You can read news out of the game client, you use a forum because it's a forum.

The current top news post right now is also a great example of why the Reddit system makes your eyes bleed as a forum replacement.

Attachment 753397

This is the top reply, which aside from being illegible, is pretty useless as a post. But it's the #1 thing that appears, not because it got upvoted, but because the guy right below made fun of a terrible post. Super helpful...
This is really good feedback and something that we are certainly looking into.

Hi Geoffrey

aka Bazner

Follow Xin it to Win It on Twitter

08-10-2013
5 of 7 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueWallpaper View Post
Seems like it 's just going to make browsing the announcements/news harder for no real gain at all....

Universally negative feedback.... anyone care to bet on Riot listening to the player base versus just plowing on anyway?
We are absolutely listening and take your feedback to heart. This is a new system and we have a talented team working everyday to improve it. A big part of making it better, is getting feedback from you guys.

Vauron

08-10-2013

I don't care what else you do, but make the news posts appear in the dev tracker.

Mediocre Top

08-10-2013

Don't do this.

We've been vocal on how we HATE and DESPISE Reddit here on the LoL Forums.

Not only is it based on number of upvotes, which is a problem in itself, it also cherry picks comments and you don't really see everything you could.

It's also insanely confusing to navigate through replies.

ExpertSockThrow

08-10-2013

I'd like the news posts to show up in the Dev Tracker, since they're posted by Reds and all. :P Also, I really really hate the Reddit-style for the news posts. If I wanted to use an unhelpful voting system where only the loudest voices and silliest posts were displayed first, I'd go to Reddit. The lay-out is terrible too. Please use a default forum-style page for the news announcements! Also, why do I have to go to somewhere completely different just to see which skins are on sale or the new champ rotation? It doesn't make much sense, and it seems to be more convoluted than it needs to be. I don't like having more tabs added to my already sizable collection.