why are the easiest heroes also the best heroes?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Threads

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

11-12-2010

its kinda doomed to always happen, you aren't right. but it is how it has played out (and all relative to the meta)

so say a champion is easy to play with.
that makes it easy to do well.

now what happens if you give this to a skilled player?
they rape.


now do the same thing with a hard to use champion.
the results aren't as good simply because of the difficulty curve.
and riot has said themselves, they aren't going to make hard to use champions super powered because it would screw up the game.

basically, if you want to outplay a trolololol press r to win galio with chogath, you sure as hell better outplay him.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheycallmeX

Senior Member

11-12-2010

hmm thats weird because ive NEVER seen ashe banned and mf is banned all the time, surely theres a logical explanation for this.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheycallmeX

Senior Member

11-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threads View Post
its kinda doomed to always happen, you aren't right. but it is how it has played out (and all relative to the meta)

so say a champion is easy to play with.
that makes it easy to do well.

now what happens if you give this to a skilled player?
they rape.


now do the same thing with a hard to use champion.
the results aren't as good simply because of the difficulty curve.
and riot has said themselves, they aren't going to make hard to use champions super powered because it would screw up the game.

basically, if you want to outplay a trolololol press r to win galio with chogath, you sure as hell better outplay him.
this may be the case, but hard to play heroes arent even on an equal footing with the easy one when played to maximum potential...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lulwy

Senior Member

11-12-2010

I'm a fan of "people are stupid". Easy to remember. Ashe can initiate from anywhere and can carry as hard as MF, while MF has no crowd control and is all damage.

Pick a tier list, you're probably going to see Ashe over MF on it, and it sure as hell isn't because Ashe is cheaper.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Garridy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheycallmeX View Post
hmm thats weird because ive NEVER seen ashe banned and mf is banned all the time, surely theres a logical explanation for this.
People kinda forget about ashe until they die from arrow.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FatMansRevenge

Senior Member

11-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuronane View Post
Best mage: Vladimir. Really does too much damage for a point and click spell. Take somebody like Anivia, who gets less health and damage than him, and pair them against each other. Equal skill. Vlad is going to win 9/10 times.
At low skill, Vlad > Anivia.

If the Anivia knows how to aim and correctly time her Q, that inequality quickly turns around. If the Anivia also knows when and where it is appropriate to drop her ult, as well as how to properly utilize the wall, she quickly becomes quite possibly the most deadly champion in the entire game.

So, at high skill, Anivia >>>> Vlad

Shen and Rammus are better tanks than Galio, but Galio has skills that work really well in the current meta-game, which makes him a better early pick than the other two. Also, inb4 sheep.

Can't really argue with the whole Sona thing, although in the current ZOMG AOE ULT! style, a well played Janna may be more useful.

Just about every ranged AD carry is relatively easy to play. Corki, MF, Kog, Ashe, Trist, and Twitch are all relatively easy to use, and I'm pretty sure I'm missing one or two in that group. Even so, ranged carries are all about positioning, and timing, and it really doesn't vary too much between them in that regard.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Phreak

Shoutcaster

11-12-2010
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheycallmeX View Post
galio- best tank in the game. easiest tank in the game
I can give you the other 3, but Galio is far from the easiest tank.

Q and E are skill shots, W requires precise timing and judicious use due to the cooldown, and the ultimate can easily be nullified if you time it improperly or initiate without your team ready.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bulbasaurus

Senior Member

11-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuronane View Post
Best mage: Vladimir. Really does too much damage for a point and click spell. Take somebody like Anivia, who gets less health and damage than him, and pair them against each other. Equal skill. Vlad is going to win 9/10 times.
As you approach higher skills, Anivia becomes better. In the hands of the perfect player, Anivia is much more of an asset than Vlad. If competitive aspects existed in this game, Anivia would be huge when people could see what she can do in the right hands. Huge nukes, huge utility, amazing passive, heavy CC.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tvor

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

11-12-2010

Easy champs let people have fun and learn the game.

Imagine you play against a Korean with 300+ kps in SC and he rapes you every game. Heroes with high mirco is still better than easy ones, it just takes longer to master.

Skill shot and kiting are not learned in a game or two.

Sona is a good kiting champ for beginner.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KalosCast

Senior Member

11-12-2010

This should be pretty obvious. If something is easy to use, it's easy to play to its highest potential. Since every champion needs to be balanced, this means that all champions need to be equal when played to their highest potential. Therefore, difficult champions come across as underpowered.

There are a few notable exceptions (Master Yi, for example) that dominate low-play due to their ease and power, but fall behind at higher level play, due to people having a firmer grasp of game mechanics, but this is a short list of champions.