Riot said a time ago that Irelia's kit was too strong

First Riot Post
1234567 ... 12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kagami

08-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broseph Stalin View Post
wait are we talking about vayne or irelia here?
This, Doran Blade and Lifesteal quints have made vayne practically have innate sustain on level with irelia for all purposes.

WickedLaich

08-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zileas View Post
Well... yes.
Zileas, can you please "high-five" Morello for me please?

That would make my night <3

GhostStalker

08-05-2013

Quote:
Well... yes.
and yi?

Andymion

08-05-2013

I was really hoping to find a discussion on ways to rework Irelia. I hope shes on the table for at least a VU in the future. Dat hair.

Robocop24

08-05-2013

Quote:
It's more that she lacks counterplay, so she will tend to snowball a lot. Reliable stun, really good sustain, excellent chase potential, etc. When characters lack counterplay, we balance them to fair, but they are on a knifepoint of out of control or totally awful depending upon how the game goes. Good play comes from rich counterplay where you are 'in the game' for longer once you are behind if you make a great play (or the other way around if you are ahead). This is a lot more interesting to everyone, and a lot less frustrating, it's win win and makes the lane experience a more protracted battle for dominance.

This is a lot of why we've avoided hard lane counters at champ select and don't have a lot of types of skills. I know you guys sometimes criticize us for it, but that's the upside (which is also why Irelia gets so many complaints of either too strong or too weak vs most champions).
So then honestly, are you planning on leaving her be for a while (say a year or so?) I remember Morello saying that you'll either leave her be, or rework her completely into something unrecognizable. As someone who plans on spending a lot of time with her, call me overattached, but Id like to know her future.

Galactic Teemo

08-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerminalVeloc1ty View Post
and yi?
Even suggesting Yi is as hard to lane against as Yorick is madness.

Simply madness.

MapV20

08-05-2013

Quote:
Reliable stun
thats a funny definition of reliable you got there. im guessing annie has a reliable stun too right?

if irelia and annie's stuns are reliable what do you call sion's and tarics?

Irelia Bot

08-05-2013

Actually if vayne were to have the CD on Tumble increaced by 2 seconds at all levels that would likely hurt her more then just nerfing her W.

It is her mobility of an assassin that makes her so hard to kill even when vayne is in a really bad spot . Throw in the active from BotRK and she now has basically 3 seconds of freedom to dominate in a 1v1.

Can we please have madred's bloodrazors back for season 4 but doing % health physical damage instead of magic? it could even cost 3200 now.

Zileas

VP of Game Design

08-05-2013
3 of 4 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MapV20 View Post
thats a funny definition of reliable you got there. im guessing annie has a reliable stun too right?

if irelia and annie's stuns are reliable what do you call sion's and tarics?
No, for Annie to hold her stun, she has to be inactive with further spells. Irelia on the other hand has no such restriction. Annie's stun has much better counterplay and gameplay both.

Kagami

08-05-2013

Quote:
No, for Annie to hold her stun, she has to be inactive with further spells. Irelia on the other hand has no such restriction. Annie's stun has much better counterplay and gameplay both.
Must be lower hp% and shorter range isn't considered any restriction?

1234567 ... 12