just got a verbal abuse warning

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Faceplosion

08-05-2013

Thanks for the info Zil, in honor of the good post, I would make a Volibear joke, this time...

KingDragonfly

08-05-2013

Team voli

Iron Nick

08-05-2013

Yeah you're screwed bro. One day my friend got one of those pop-up warnings, and one week later he got banned, his house and car burned, his family died, his hamster pet became a zombie, his GF then ate the hamster by accident and became a mutant zombie and destroyed an entire city, and then the NSA knocked at his door because they found his secret loli pedo files hidden in his Secret_Strats_S4_Soon_Silver folder.

You better start running IMO.

CrackaJack

08-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zileas View Post
If this was a tribunal email warning, you can look at the games.

If it was an in-game popup, it's just an FYI -- it means that you had a spike in reports relative to the past. I would just take a moment to consider if you did anything that would have prompted it and consider if you need to change anything. The answer could very well be 'no', but the point of those warnings is as an FYI to give people the opportunity to think about things well ahead of a tribunal warning. Most people who get those warnings will never end up in the tribunal, either because they modified their behavior, or because they were not actually getting reported that frequently.

It's sortof like if someone scowls at you because they thought you cut in line or something. Sometimes you deserved it, sometimes you didn't. Either way, it's good to know.

We implemented this system because overall it causes people to be a lot more polite to each other, and game to game all players (including you) benefit, even though it's a little bit frustrating to get the negative feedback when it occurs.

- Zileas
I think you're missing the point here Zilean. It really is to the point in this game where you can't say very much without fear of being reported. If you ignore the trolls they will also report you for not communicating. I've been ganged up on several times in a game by more than one player so they obviously have the advantage when it comes to reporting. I'm not saying the tribunal is bad, but some of the things you can get reported for saying in this game are out of line and the trolls know it. Good trolls know how to bait you into getting reported.

Zileas

VP of Game Design

08-05-2013
2 of 2 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrackaJack View Post
I think you're missing the point here Zilean. It really is to the point in this game where you can't say very much without fear of being reported. If you ignore the trolls they will also report you for not communicating. I've been ganged up on several times in a game by more than one player so they obviously have the advantage when it comes to reporting. I'm not saying the tribunal is bad, but some of the things you can get reported for saying in this game are out of line and the trolls know it. Good trolls know how to bait you into getting reported.
No, I'm not missing the point. It's pretty simple -- you get banned for egregious behavior, not for getting reported. Why should you live in fear of reports? Bans are the only thing that actually affect you.

Do you have a recent tribunal ban that you think was unfair?

- Zileas

Minishmaster

08-05-2013

Quote:
Why should you live in fear of reports?
Zileas, you severely underestimate the power of knee-jerk reactions.

Brabeum

08-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheese Is Yummy View Post
Oh im sorry its totally mature to report someone for verbal abuse when all you said was report the two leavers after the game.
Asking other players to report someone is considered verbal abuse.

CrackaJack

08-05-2013

Quote:

- Zileas
Not at all, it's just the threat of being reported over and over tends to wear on people. You should honestly have an option to report people who use the word 'report' in their games at all. I get so sick of hearing 'Report X player' just because X player did something that someone else on the team didn't like.

Nasty Hinary

08-05-2013

this game rate as t for teen

Volor Flex

08-05-2013

Quote:
No, I'm not missing the point. It's pretty simple -- you get banned for egregious behavior, not for getting reported. Why should you live in fear of reports? Bans are the only thing that actually affect you.

- Zileas
Most people are too naive about the tribunal to understand this. As far as I remember, Riot is the only one that can ban, the tribunal does not. Unless I'm mistaken and the tribunal actually can ban which is retarded because everybody just clicks guilty.