Where did the Announcements go?

First Riot Post
12345612 ... 27
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aardison1

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-05-2013

i'm with everyone else who has posted so far don't split these things up preferred the old way much better

Brag

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-05-2013

I'll echo concerns about not utilizing the Announcements sub-form.

I enjoy having a single, organized forum to track all posts and discussions. I generally jump between the Announcements and General Discussion to stay on top of current developments. Having announcements available on the main page is great, but discussions should occur in the forum area. If you wish to revise the forum area to be more "reddit-like" then that's another option. But removing it from the forums altogether is not in the best interest of the player base.

h 2

08-05-2013

devtracker es god

CypherSlick

08-05-2013

I don't like it, I liked how all the announcements were on one page, including champions, rotations, and sales.

Hi Geoffrey

aka Bazner

Follow Xin it to Win It on Twitter

08-05-2013
2 of 7 Riot Posts

This is great feedback and the web development team is watching this thread.

DeafCatMoan

I Called Support

08-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xin it to Win It View Post
This is great feedback and the web development team is watching this thread.
Thank you Xin, and thank you web dev team

I really hope you choose bringing back the announcement section(over just adding news to the dev tracker) regardless thanks for your work, and time collecting feedback

Badger Beater

08-05-2013

I really wish you would let them still be shown in the dev tracker. Hell, I didn't even know about the past weeks skin sales because aside from not seeing the most current news as soon as I open up the web page (instead all I get to see is a giant promotion for Spirit Guard Udyr that came out a while ago), I didn't see anything about it in the dev tracker, which I check several times a day.

SoloDragoon

08-05-2013

Sometimes I really wonder what the web team at riot is thinking, or if they are letting there marketers hold to many cards.

What about this is a good idea? What about this is functionally needed? What niche does this fill? In short why would I use this over the current system?

Change is good - if done right, I have said this a few times - this was not ready to go out. At least three four times a day, I get errors on the forms/site. I don't get consistent load times ect.. It would make sense to balance out your current system.

I like the direction this could go, if given the proper time and attention it deserves.

Nidhogg

08-05-2013

I liked the old way a lot better.

12345612 ... 27