Where did the Announcements go?

First Riot Post
1234511 ... 26
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hi Geoffrey

aka Bazner

Follow Xin it to Win It on Twitter

08-05-2013
1 of 7 Riot Posts

Summoners!

As you may have noticed, were currently testing a new discussion feature that lets you comment directly on news posts and articles. As a result, announcements will no longer show up as posts in the Announcements sub-forum. However, the sub-forum will remain open for the time being in case youd like to search through past announcements.

Wed love to hear what you think about this change and the new discussion feature, so were leaving this post unlocked as a way to gather feedback. Feel free to post any thoughts or ideas you have below!

I Called Support

08-05-2013

i've been waiting for a place to talk about that forum no longer being used

I horribly dislike it -

- News no longer shows up in the dev tracker or in other community trackers
- If a red now replies, it will be a pain having to look through the reddit style content of the news posts to find the red replies
- Red replies in news section does not show up in the dev tracker
- having to keep checking the news section instead of just staying in the forums

Even if these items can still be added to the dev tracker, having the community split into two sections like this I do not like one bit. I really really (full heartedtly really) would like the announcement forums to still be used for announcements

Thank you for your time!

El Naphtali

08-05-2013

I look at Dev Tracker way more then the news page. Is it too much to post it in both the News section and the Announcements forum?

Plus with the Announcements we usually get follow-up red posts if its something neat like champion reveals or what not. Not sure how that would work with just the News side.

meadow

08-05-2013

I read the Dev Tracker indeed, I'm disappointed in this change.

I'll now have to manually check every single message instead of easily opening it up at the Dev Tracker can this change please be reverted?

hartar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-05-2013

I use Dev Tracker more.I still prefer the old way.It is easier.

Sauron

08-05-2013

Translation:

"We've noticed a massive drop in the people who access the website. Instead of listening to feedback on this awesome new, fast-loading, readable and wide layout, we want to force you to use it as it is."

On topic:

Almost all good game companies make their announcements as a sub-forum, and it is what both old and new users expect. It is a completely unnecessary change and just makes it more annoying for new users to give feedback.

WickedLaich

08-05-2013

Wait..

Xin it to Win it never mentioned anything about Dev Tracker..

He only mentioned about the Announcements.

Am I missing something here? >.>

I Called Support

08-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedLaich View Post
Wait..

Xin it to Win it never mentioned anything about Dev Tracker..

He only mentioned about the Announcements.

Am I missing something here? >.>
yes you are. Announcement forums are tracked in the dev tracker. News page and all comments in each news article are not [and even if they are, it still is not the perfect solution splitting the community up like this]

Hellpyre

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xin it to Win It View Post
Summoners!

Wed love to hear what you think about this change and the new discussion feature, so were leaving this post unlocked as a way to gather feedback. Feel free to post any thoughts or ideas you have below!
I honestly think this is the wrong direction to take. Not only does it cause the discussion flow on Announcements to work differently than the entire rest of the site, but it also removes the ability to easily see which announcements have received Red replies via DevTracker and makes it harder to hunt down a specific announcement at a later date.

I Called Support

08-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellpyre View Post
I honestly think this is the wrong direction to take. Not only does it cause the discussion flow on Announcements to work differently than the entire rest of the site, but it also removes the ability to easily see which announcements have received Red replies via DevTracker and makes it harder to hunt down a specific announcement at a later date.
oh didn't even think about this one. When trying to search for comments within an announcement - much harder if half the conversations are in the news section and not the forums. Good point

1234511 ... 26