A Wild Knifecat Appears! (Rengar Discussion)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

1000midgets

08-02-2013

Norrin, I like all your ideas except for the 6th trophy one. that one seems like it can be replaced by something a little more useful imo, mabye an active that gives him slight ms boost and a extra point of ferocity? And i also dont like the idea of letting people know when he ulted, but at least make it global and not just nearby enemies....also if you are doing it, a global vo would be better than an icon above their heads imo unless his ult reveals absolutely everyone on the map, then it would make more sense to have his eye icon over everyones head.

Im not sure how i feel about all these changes your making to rengar...im quite concerned about you nerfing his burst. Remember that hunters are assassins, and assassins killl people, quick. 5-6 sec burst seems like its being nerfed way to hard imho. Im going to be quite scared of the outcome untill i can play him.

NA Darklarik

08-02-2013

2 days have passed, any updates Scarizard?

alfavhunter

08-02-2013

Updates would be helpful, so we can give our opinions and other ideas basses in them

Norr1N

08-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1000midgets View Post
Norrin, I like all your ideas except for the 6th trophy one. that one seems like it can be replaced by something a little more useful imo, mabye an active that gives him slight ms boost and a extra point of ferocity?
Yeah i've made some changes to my suggestion for BTN, added some scenarios that explain how it allows him to better adapt to the predator playstyle as the match goes on, whilst addressing issues with his existing kit which would be difficult to fix directly, so shifting it over to his unique item.

In regards to the changes overall, tbh they seem to be gutting his kit a lot. I mean his heal has already been nerfed considerably with no scaling or %-based stat (to the point where it's barely noticable on a tanky build), and now they're doing the same to his damage across the rest of his kit by the sounds of it ("Now deals damage based on Rengar's level" - can see how that would help jungle Rengar, not so much lane/late-game Rengar). Suppose to compensate, they're reducing cooldowns and refunding/gaining bonus Ferocity faster to level out the damage over a greater duration.

However, they're also removing his defensive steroid with a weaker version of it against physical autos, guess AP's will own his ass. So less burst, less defences (health regen ain't that useful in a span of seconds), removal of any CDR/ArmorPen from BTN, and no buff to his heal. Not to mention the giveaway Ult/leap animation. Quite the rework. Rengar Lite. Of course, this could have changed since the initial post (if I remember correctly, they where even planning on removing his attack speed boost on Q, but backtracked).

yung birdmane jr

08-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarizard View Post
What would you guys feel about Global VO when Rengar Ults, like Nocturne?
but you see the problem with that is that ass soon as noc ult he jumps on you rengar has to stay in stealth for like 4 seconds to build ferocity for a savagery Q and those 4 seconds are just enough for a everyone to run to their tower thus rengars ganks would be useless and rengars ult would be solely for chasing/ retreating if you truly must give someone a tell tale to when rengar is ulting give them a very small icon above when he is near like fiddlesticks passive that way if your paying attention people would notice

Nagor

08-03-2013

So lets start off by saying Rengar is my favorite champion and i played him for a month strait when he was first released (I had a problem)but then the nerfs came in and changed the way you played him and i didn't like it nearly as much, so I'm really exited for this rework.

So I'm liking the minion giving you mini trophy's idea and would like to take it a step further and make it so everything you kill in the game gives you a different amount of trophy points, so big wraith gives you 5, little wraiths gives you 1, lane minis give you 2, dragon and baron give you 50, and champs give you 100 and when you die you lose 100, and the max points is 1400. Personally I think this could work well because, it makes it so that jungle Rengar gets a good amount of trophy's even though he has a small amount of cs, this also makes the item viable for pro play cause kills don't happen but man do they farm, and I feel it fits his theme very well cause he wants to hunt the strongest prey, and when you buy that item you wanna do that as well.

And maybe you guys are already on this whole thing i don't know but ya thats my idea. Keep up the good work your ding a good job. (btw the numbers I used for the example are not the actual numbers i think should be used in the game)

Vivi R66

08-04-2013

Any update guys? :3

alfavhunter

08-04-2013

the R 'warning' should activate based on rengars passive range, make it be 2X the range of his jump for the warning, this gives counterplay with mild repositioning and warning, but it doesnt give time to truely 'run to turrent and escape'

1000midgets

08-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfavhunter View Post
the R 'warning' should activate based on rengars passive range, make it be 2X the range of his jump for the warning, this gives counterplay with mild repositioning and warning, but it doesnt give time to truely 'run to turrent and escape'
thats probably the best idea i've heard yet, it needs to be tested of course but i think it might be better if it was 1.5 the range of his jump so he isnt forced to jump on them if they are not pushed if you know what i mean.

And scar, i would love to hear an update soon on the changes

Skhorne

08-05-2013

@Scarizard

Are you dead set on keeping rengar's core ultimate aspects such as turning invisible and revealing the enemy team?(Imo I think his ult should be scrapped for a new one)

I would like to also know what your definition of what a hunter is in your point of view, this may help us guide you to put rengar in a good place.