Summoner's Rift Detailed Art feedback

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

medulla00

08-04-2013

I love how SR has so much 'quality options' so you can still play on toasters. I hope I keeps these features in future implementations. I hate whenever I'm playing games and some friends keep complaining about their FPS. I know it's their fault and not Riot's, but it's very lovely that they give options to reduce those problems

Felfire

08-04-2013

Each map has it's own theme defined in the title.

Twisted Treeline: Dark forest themed
Howling Abyss: giant pit (this is waaaaaaaaaaay more awesome than proving grounds)
Crystal Scar: crystals... crystals everywhere (you could do a way better job on this map)

Summoner's Rift: magic? (it's hard to define this map based off it's name)

I suggest bringing summoners rift into the battleworn/magicworn forest type.

The environment near lizard are on fire or charred. Environment near blue need to be mana warped (think crystalsong forest/below dalaran) I'm pretty much just saying that each jungle cap enviroment needs to have its own theme based on it's spawn. Also remove the small lizards from golem camp and add some tiny golems

Tortferngatr

08-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by NA Darklarik View Post
Im furious that you arent doing a Harrowing map for this year. I accepted that due to time constraint after you released the New SR you couldent do a harrowing version, but a year has passed, i wont accept any of the excuses you have for not doing it this year.

Im playing on the South American Server, we dont even have Dominion or 3v3, thats less maps. How am i suppose to enjoy Halloween? My favorite time of year? honestly this is really a downer for me. Instead of fixing the current SR which isnt bad at all imo, you should be making a harrowing map, at least!
The only thing Riot needs to get their heads out of their asses on is TT/Dominion access on other regions.

Cerxi

08-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotForScience View Post
Oh, that is a great idea! In the context of E-sports that would be really helpful for clarifying which team is which if you just jump in to spectate a random game. Maybe the Nexus could be a new object that represents the team logo... or all the turrets are themed to their respective teams. That would be really cool! I have no idea if we will do that, but I really like the idea.
Wouldn't it be fairly easy to literally just replace that one patch of ground in front of the nexus turrets with team logos? I mean, a lot of unofficial mapskins replace that spot because it's a separate texture, I don't see what stops Riot from doing the same.

Mnmnn

08-04-2013

Please make it so that the river looks like it has actual water in it. I didn't know it was the "river" or where the "river" was until somebody told me.

ShadowNinetails

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotForScience View Post
"I would love to see destructible environments, night and day cycles that are noticeable and weather effects like rain, snow and dust storms. Hazardous environments would be cool. And things on the map that act randomly that can push, root and knock up your champ in a non predictable manner. All of which impact game play in some form or another. Like dust storms could limit your view distance as would night. Snow could cause your champ to slide a bit. Lightning that would randomly reveal the fog of war in some parts of the map. Or acid rain that randomly leaves puddles on the ground that could damage you if walked on for a set amount of time"

Great ideas. Some of these have been on our radar for a while. We are trying to find the right application for varient gameplay modes.
If they do a day/night cycle where night decreases your vision, will Diana be able to resist that loss? Would Leo be able to slightly increase the range of any nearby allies? Would either of them see buffs/nerfs depending on time of day? I just wanna have some kind of excuse to say "You rise with the moon, I rise with the Sun" lol.

Banana B1ast

08-05-2013

A very cool idea i thought of was to make rocks cave in on the baron or dragon once it has been killed and remain there until it spawns again

ImRaimsfromeune

08-05-2013

Finally i can post my thread. I had an idea that some abilities should stay on the ground until the end of a game like Ziggs ultimate should leave a massive crater on the ground or Malphite q should leave a deep stripe or whatever it is on the ground.
By the way Malphite need a visual update and his abilities should stack ad because i love playing ad Malphite i usually buy two ad items for him and i have 350 ad with w on.

Rogue Winter

08-05-2013

My biggest beef with SR, the Nexus model.

It literally looks like a circle of lawn gnomes worshipping a tesseract.

Eccitaze

08-06-2013

One thing I'd like to suggest, if it hasn't been already, is to use art on the map to delineate the tower ranges--even a minor thing like a small ring of cobblestones near the edge of the turret range would be really handy. Right now tower ranges are really difficult to figure out, especially for newer players. What this ends up with are really frustrating situations where a new player retreats to the tower when he/she's low, but their opponent either knows how to exploit tower ranges (especially in top/bot lanes near the treeline) or gets lucky, and the enemy gets a kill without the tower responding. This ends up with the new player being confused about how towers work, or even thinking they're bugged. If there were some artwork built in to the map that said "Towers can attack past this point" it would really improve clarity on tower mechanics.