so I "applied" to Riot a while ago...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

naotasan

Senior Member

08-02-2013

This thread is made of win.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wyl

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

08-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Chezai View Post
If you're truly passionate about gaming and want to get into the gaming industry, there are a lot of gaming studios in Canada that need talented analysts.

Vancouver has a few gaming studios and a lot of start ups. Montreal has a bunch of them as well. Toronto's not too shabby either

Again, if you're really set on coming to Riot, make a post on our "Inside Riot Games" page on LinkedIn.
Yeah I thought about doing an internship to Ubisoft here in Montreal as well, but one way or another, I'm more a fan of League than most games if not all games that I've played (biggest contender being WC3). I like the game enough to have played thousands of games, reached diamond after a long and exhaustive grinding, and put as much contribution on the forums. That's a first, and maybe that'll sound a bit sad, but it's the thing I've been engaged on the most in my life besides school. I don't want to sound like someone who's "addicted" either, because that would make me bias if you -Riot- develop more games, because I'm not. Additionally, Riot seems like a cool place to work with even cooler people to work with, fact that I didn't nearly identify in another company.

I'll hop on LinkdIn, should I tell them the same thing I told you in my first post ?

Another thing, I think the odds are better that I turn pro before having a Bachelor's Degree, if that does happen, would my player VISA be suitable for me to stay and then possibly work for Riot ?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PsylentFox

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

08-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Chezai View Post
Hey Psylent,

To my knowledge, we do not directly hire for physical security. However, we do have an absolutely amazing Facilities Team that is world class. They're the ones who make sure our physical office needs are met [sometimes before we even make a request...yeah...they're that amazing]. In terms of Logistics, they're the team that physically puts together all of our internal events. This team has great synergy. They work hard and troll hard
Awesome. I searched the Riot Website, and I found that there are Office Management positions open in Istanbul, Sao Palo, and Moscow. However, I'm running into the issue that there aren't, to my knowledge, any positions open here within the United States. Any thoughts?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Riot Chezai

Recruiting Coordinator

08-02-2013
56 of 151 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyl View Post
Yeah I thought about doing an internship to Ubisoft here in Montreal as well, but one way or another, I'm more a fan of League than most games if not all games that I've played (biggest contender being WC3). I like the game enough to have played thousands of games, reached diamond after a long and exhaustive grinding, and put as much contribution on the forums. That's a first, and maybe that'll sound a bit sad, but it's the thing I've been engaged on the most in my life besides school. I don't want to sound like someone who's "addicted" either, because that would make me bias if you -Riot- develop more games, because I'm not. Additionally, Riot seems like a cool place to work with even cooler people to work with, fact that I didn't nearly identify in another company.

I'll hop on LinkdIn, should I tell them the same thing I told you in my first post ?

Another thing, I think the odds are better that I turn pro before having a Bachelor's Degree, if that does happen, would my player VISA be suitable for me to stay and then possibly work for Riot ?
I was in the same boat as you [although I'm not a diamond player], so I know exactly how you feel right now. But this doesn't mean that you shouldn't keep your options open!

Definitely post the same thing and more info if you want to add more colour to it. Kades can probably give you more guidance in that regards.

If you turn pro, you'll be on a P-1A. This is, to my knowledge, non-transferable. Also, pro players are not Rioters. They are professional gamers on their respective teams [teams being participating competitive teams in the LCS].


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Riot Chezai

Recruiting Coordinator

08-02-2013
57 of 151 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsylentFox View Post
Awesome. I searched the Riot Website, and I found that there are Office Management positions open in Istanbul, Sao Palo, and Moscow. However, I'm running into the issue that there aren't, to my knowledge, any positions open here within the United States. Any thoughts?
That may be all there is available at the moment. I suggest you create a post on the LinkedIn page. This may catch the attention of the Facilities Team


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

nosafterburn

Senior Member

08-02-2013

Hey Riot Chezai, I was wondering if you could answer a question for me. I was searching the job listings for Riot for any positions that would allow the firing of midgets from canons at trolls, hackers, or even the general populace, but unfortunately I didn't see any. Since you are a Riot Recruiting Coordinator I was wondering if you could let me know if anything like that is available in the company. Thanks.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CannibalMoose

Senior Member

08-02-2013

holy mother of 57 red posts..

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosafterburn View Post
Hey Riot Chezai, I was wondering if you could answer a question for me. I was searching the job listings for Riot for any positions that would allow the firing of midgets from canons at trolls, hackers, or even the general populace, but unfortunately I didn't see any. Since you are a Riot Recruiting Coordinator I was wondering if you could let me know if anything like that is available in the company. Thanks.
Name:  wtf.jpg
Views: 617
Size:  8.9 KB


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Riot Chezai

Recruiting Coordinator

08-02-2013
58 of 151 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosafterburn View Post
Hey Riot Chezai, I was wondering if you could answer a question for me. I was searching the job listings for Riot for any positions that would allow the firing of midgets from canons at trolls, hackers, or even the general populace, but unfortunately I didn't see any. Since you are a Riot Recruiting Coordinator I was wondering if you could let me know if anything like that is available in the company. Thanks.
Hey nosafterburn,

Hmm...I believe our Player Behaviour team is the closest thing to what you're looking for. However, there ARE some ethical concerns with regards to the firing of midgets...we're still looking into that


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Guilty Toad

Junior Member

08-02-2013

Hi there Riot Chezai,

I have a few questions that're sort of specific to me, but I hope the general concepts could be useful to others. I am not majoring in what I'm interested in doing as a career, though I'm experienced in dealing directly with people. I really just want to know whether these sorts of things are actually positives on a resume (for Riot specifically) or if they're reasonably unimportant.

Basically in a nutshell I'm currently a Classical Flute Performance major so I have the discipline/communication skills from that major.

I run a lot of guilds/clans for pretty much every game I play, usually reasonably large within the respective communities.

I really enjoy doing research and making long detailed threads/analyses on systems in games I play. One I'm currently working on is an analysis of Honor by collecting a lot of data and trying to parse it effectively.

Anyway, this isn't meant to be a plug or anything, I just legitimately don't know whether these things are useful on a resume specifically when applying to Riot.

Thanks in advance!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Maagnim

Senior Member

08-02-2013

What is the legal team like? I just got out of law school and was real interested. They don't seem like gamers, and they definitely never post on here. It's hard being a young gamer in the legal field.