so I "applied" to Riot a while ago...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CheZai

Recruiting Coordinator

08-02-2013
51 of 151 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazen247 View Post
Hey do you guys have any Internal Audit positions available?
Hey Kazen247,

Take a look at our Careers page. If there's an opening, it will be posted there.

CheZai

Recruiting Coordinator

08-02-2013
52 of 151 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeZeee View Post
Quick question for Riot Chezai. How do you feel about the school Full Sail University in Florida? I will be attending there soon for internet marketing and wanted to know if I should reconsider my school choice if Riot does not view the school in a good way.
Hey TeeZeee,

I don't have a personal opinion on this as I am not well-acquainted with the programs offered at Full Sail or any other post-secondary institution.

However, I recommend you focus on what's best for you and not what 'might' get you into a company. If you're truly passionate about something, it'll show through the extra-curricular projects you work on, groups you participate in, etc.

A formal education is what you make of it

CheZai

Recruiting Coordinator

08-02-2013
53 of 151 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyl View Post
So, here's my little story since everyone went through with theirs.

I applied in October of last year for the Gameplay Analyst position (was Associate gameplay analyst back then), and besides the automated response, I haven't received any news.

I also spoke with Kades a lot, and he actually was the one saying I should apply. We had a discussion about some of my new content about a month ago, and he told me that I should re-apply.

I have made many contributions here in the forums, and a little bit on reddit regarding Champion changes and the likes.

Here are some of my threads :

-A list of all the changes I'd like to see on almost every Champions now, be it bug fixes, number changes, or just utter reworks of some abilities. I still update it frequently.

http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com....php?t=2422094

-A list of changes and additions for many subjects like Art, PvP.net, tribunal, etc.

http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com...php?p=35224761

-Analysis threads on newly released or relaunched Champions. (Aatrox linked)

http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com....php?t=3588083

I also try to participate in the latest discussions about Champion balance, be it the Skarner thread by RiotScruffy, the Xerath/Yorick threads by Xelnath or the Olaf thread by SmashGizmo. Also made a list for RiotDudeBro concerning the models and splashes for Champions.

The big problem I have is that I'm Canadian with only an high school diploma in my pockets. What would you recommend me to do for my next application attempt ?

I also added you on the client, for more concise discussion purposes.

Thanks for your time.
Hey Wyl,

What I see being the biggest barrier for you is the lack of a Bachelor's. In order to bring someone in on a visa, they typically need a Bachelor's or 3 years of related work experience for every year of a Bachelor's [in this case it would be 12 years of related work experience]. There are a number of visas available, but I believe they all require at least the Bachelor's degree. I'm not a visa expert, so apologies in advance for the lack of detail.

Wyl

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Chezai View Post
Hey Wyl,

What I see being the biggest barrier for you is the lack of a Bachelor's. In order to bring someone in on a visa, they typically need a Bachelor's or 3 years of related work experience for every year of a Bachelor's [in this case it would be 12 years of related work experience]. There are a number of visas available, but I believe they all require at least the Bachelor's degree. I'm not a visa expert, so apologies in advance for the lack of detail.
Ouch. That's 6 more years of school for me then. Well, I'll see what I can do. I just don't quite know what to study in. I have the aptitudes to do anything I want, it's just that it also makes things a lot more complicated.

Thanks for the reply whatsoever.

Coldmanj

08-02-2013

Hello RiotChezai,

I had posted on the thread earlier and was actually wondering if there might be a chance I could talk to you in game about a few questions I have as, to be honest, I do not like to post questions regarding my personal information, conversations, and the like on a forum board anyone could see. I have already added you in game. If you are willing to speak with me and have the time it would be a pleasure and greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Coldmanj

Coldmanj

08-02-2013

Quote:
Ouch. That's 6 more years of school for me then. Well, I'll see what I can do. I just don't quite know what to study in. I have the aptitudes to do anything I want, it's just that it also makes things a lot more complicated.

Coming from a voice of experience. Go into a study you are truly passionate about AND can see yourself working in for many years to come. I made the mistake of not picturing myself in the jobs following my education and regret it now. It is not easy to figure out something so complicated quickly but a Bachelors degrees often requires a great deal of general education credits that tend to take the majority of your first few semesters. Even if you find that the program or direction you have decided on is not the right one you usually have 1-2 years to be able to switch majors without greatly hindering your progress. I hope you have the best of luck in the path you set yourself toward and just remember one thing, make sure to have some fun along the way.

TriSpada Kotori

08-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Chezai View Post
Hey WanderingBeats,

In order to work on platform/server/client/etc. architecture 'anywhere' [very broad generalization], you would have to be extremely strong in a variety of programming languages [C++ is a must], math, and CS.

We're always looking for individuals who are open to being mentored, but depending on the complexity of the position, that individual might be a mid-level platform architect with 5 years of architecting under their belts.

My suggestion is to look at the job descriptions on our Careers page. There's a lot more information there
Alright then, thanks for the reply.

PsylentFox

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-02-2013

Evening Riot Chezai, I looked at the Website, and I am curious because I know that RIOT has a lot of Tech Related Positions, but every company does have need of Logistics or Physical Security. I am a college graduate, and a 2nd Lieutenant (Quartermaster Officer = Logistics) in the United States Army Reserve, and I would like to know if you have any positions for Physical Security of Buildings or Logistics positions.

~Psylent

CheZai

Recruiting Coordinator

08-02-2013
54 of 151 Riot Posts

Quote:

If you're truly passionate about gaming and want to get into the gaming industry, there are a lot of gaming studios in Canada that need talented analysts.

Vancouver has a few gaming studios and a lot of start ups. Montreal has a bunch of them as well. Toronto's not too shabby either

Again, if you're really set on coming to Riot, make a post on our "Inside Riot Games" page on LinkedIn.

CheZai

Recruiting Coordinator

08-02-2013
55 of 151 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsylentFox View Post
Evening Riot Chezai, I looked at the Website, and I am curious because I know that RIOT has a lot of Tech Related Positions, but every company does have need of Logistics or Physical Security. I am a college graduate, and a 2nd Lieutenant (Quartermaster Officer = Logistics) in the United States Army Reserve, and I would like to know if you have any positions for Physical Security of Buildings or Logistics positions.

~Psylent
Hey Psylent,

To my knowledge, we do not directly hire for physical security. However, we do have an absolutely amazing Facilities Team that is world class. They're the ones who make sure our physical office needs are met [sometimes before we even make a request...yeah...they're that amazing]. In terms of Logistics, they're the team that physically puts together all of our internal events. This team has great synergy. They work hard and troll hard