so I "applied" to Riot a while ago...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kazen247

08-02-2013

Hey do you guys have any Internal Audit positions available?

LeetPants

Master Recruiter

08-02-2013

Quick question for Riot Chezai. How do you feel about the school Full Sail University in Florida? I will be attending there soon for internet marketing and wanted to know if I should reconsider my school choice if Riot does not view the school in a good way.

Riot Chezai

Recruiting Coordinator

08-02-2013
45 of 151 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by meadow View Post
Meh, I applied a while back for Forum Coordinator but exception of the automated reply message I've not received anything back for a loooong while.

And I thought I was making a good chance atleast for a message or something but... Nothing happens.

~Eerie sound here~
Hey meadow,

I apologize for the lack of a response. Our system is by no means perfect, but we're getting there. Chances are that the position was filled and the applications filed were archived. If you'd like to add me on League of Legends, I can help you take a look.

Sorry again for the inconvenience.

Riot Chezai

Recruiting Coordinator

08-02-2013
46 of 151 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazycatnutz View Post
How would riot games like a private chef... :-)thats my department and i want to work for riot considering i cant do anything useful on a computer for you.. except play LoL and give you this option to take a chef in.
Hey Crazycatnutz,

Rioters love their food. If we ever need someone to make the yummy nomz for us, we'll be sure to share that with the world on our webpage

Riot Chezai

Recruiting Coordinator

08-02-2013
47 of 151 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original Thresh View Post
All these wanna-be Chefs...

Anyway. Just going to give you guys a hint here.

The less money Riot spends on hiring people for non-game development jobs, then that's the more money that will hopefully go into working on the game and keeping the servers running.

Just something to consider.

I'd love to work for Riot as well, but I believe my title would be something similar to "Lego Builder" or at best, "Lore Brainstormer".

I'd rather not be that hindrance to the game production.

Hey Original Thresh,

If you take a look at our careers page, you'll see that there are many non-game development positions available.

Non-game development positions are equally as important as the game development positions. Rioters bring more to the table than just their expertise in a particular field. It's the combination of specialized hard and soft skills that help bring a game to life.

A 'Lego Builder' or 'Lore Brainstormer [Writer]' wouldn't necessarily hinder game production/development. Personally, I find that a 'Lore Brainstormer' would add value considering that an important component of a great game is the lore/story [think: Last of Us, Bioshock Infinite, etc]

Riot Chezai

Recruiting Coordinator

08-02-2013
48 of 151 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saga of Ilthire View Post
I just wanted to chime in and say this thread is awesome.
Great questions and participation all round

Skyhawke

08-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Chezai View Post
Hey Original Thresh,

If you take a look at our careers page, you'll see that there are many non-game development positions available.

Non-game development positions are equally as important as the game development positions. Rioters bring more to the table than just their expertise in a particular field. It's the combination of specialized hard and soft skills that help bring a game to life.

A 'Lego Builder' or 'Lore Brainstormer [Writer]' wouldn't necessarily hinder game production/development. Personally, I find that a 'Lore Brainstormer' would add value considering that an important component of a great game is the lore/story [think: Last of Us, Bioshock Infinite, etc]
Hooray for lore!

Riot Chezai

Recruiting Coordinator

08-02-2013
49 of 151 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by The l0th Doctor View Post
Chezai, if you're still around I'd like to ask a question of my own. If you can help me I'd be grateful.

I've always enjoyed doing the sort of behind-the-scenes work that goes into stage/broadcasting productions. Now that Riot has the LCS, it's piqued my interest in working on that team. I've been looking at the Riot Careers site for anything I can apply related to that department, and I couldn't find much, if anything.

Is there somewhere else I have to apply to look for a job there? Are there any open positions?

Another thing that I didn't know about was requirements for the position. Obviously if you're applying to a programming job you'd need a CS degree, etc. Is there a certain kind of education you'd need for the area I'm looking to apply for?
Hey The 10th Doctor [ARE YOU ACTUALLY?!?!],

If there are open positions, they'll be listed under eSports or Video Production.

Industry experience is always a plus. There are specific technologies, skills, and competencies for these positions [video editor, audio editor, video/live production, etc], but your best bet would be to do some research into what the industry standards are. There are definitely places where you can learn to do live production.

As always, feel free to post on our "Inside Riot Games" page on LinkedIn

Riot Chezai

Recruiting Coordinator

08-02-2013
50 of 151 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingBeats View Post
Given the relative difficulty of working on something as delicate as server architecture, how much experience should we have on the basics like C++ and Java? Is there a high standard set on side projects sent in with the résumé? Should there be a lack of a sizable project built with software also used at Riot, is someone "willing to learn" going to be considered?

Thanks in advance~
Hey WanderingBeats,

In order to work on platform/server/client/etc. architecture 'anywhere' [very broad generalization], you would have to be extremely strong in a variety of programming languages [C++ is a must], math, and CS.

We're always looking for individuals who are open to being mentored, but depending on the complexity of the position, that individual might be a mid-level platform architect with 5 years of architecting under their belts.

My suggestion is to look at the job descriptions on our Careers page. There's a lot more information there

Wyl

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-02-2013

So, here's my little story since everyone went through with theirs.

I applied in October of last year for the Gameplay Analyst position (was Associate gameplay analyst back then), and besides the automated response, I haven't received any news.

I also spoke with Kades a lot, and he actually was the one saying I should apply. We had a discussion about some of my new content about a month ago, and he told me that I should re-apply.

I have made many contributions here in the forums, and a little bit on reddit regarding Champion changes and the likes.

Here are some of my threads :

-A list of all the changes I'd like to see on almost every Champions now, be it bug fixes, number changes, or just utter reworks of some abilities. I still update it frequently.

http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com....php?t=2422094

-A list of changes and additions for many subjects like Art, PvP.net, tribunal, etc.

http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com...php?p=35224761

-Analysis threads on newly released or relaunched Champions. (Aatrox linked)

http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com....php?t=3588083

I also try to participate in the latest discussions about Champion balance, be it the Skarner thread by RiotScruffy, the Xerath/Yorick threads by Xelnath or the Olaf thread by SmashGizmo. Also made a list for RiotDudeBro concerning the models and splashes for Champions.

The big problem I have is that I'm Canadian with only an high school diploma in my pockets. What would you recommend me to do for my next application attempt ?

I also added you on the client, for more concise discussion purposes.

Thanks for your time.