Heimerdinger's Q Going on Infinite Cooldown - LoLReplay File included

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GrooveTrain

07-31-2013

Replicated on Howling Abyss. As soon as I place the second turret, it goes on Infinite Cooldown. I am unsure if killing off one turret before placing the second has any effect.

Screenshot:
http://gyazo.com/d30006fcefdd2496647fc7285229754f

tygr20

07-31-2013

It looks like the only common thread here is it happens at level 3 Q.

kenuto

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-31-2013

just happened to me. all i had to do was level turrets to three, place two down, died, and they were on infinite cooldown only way to use them again was to die. best bug ever.

Boxerbaby

08-01-2013

This happened to me just a few mins ago in an ARAM. Once I got my Q to level 3 I was not able to place more then 2 turrets until I would die. As soon as I can I will put a screenshot on here.

WTF TEEM0

08-02-2013

How to duplicate:

1. Start a game with Heimerdinger have his opponent be Syndra.
2. Get to level 5 or 6ish, place 2 turrets
3. Have the syndra grab his turrets with "force of will" and toss them over a wall or bush. Our Heimer was mid, not sure if that matters. But She tossed them into the mid top bush, they were placed directly in the path of oncoming minions.
4. Heimerdinger can now not cast any turrets and the spell timer says 2 million.
5. Kill Heimerdinger in attempt to restart turrets, just run into a tower. He can now only place 2 turrets no matter what each death. After placing 2 turrets anywhere on the map (after dieing), the cooldown on his spell is over 2 million seconds and he can't place any more.

So somehow sydra's spell toss turns heimers turret into a minion and breaks the recast timer where when he summons a new turret, it usually removes the oldest one. I suspect that moving the turret disassociates it in some way. I went on LOLking and grabbed the details of a match this actually occurred in, if perhaps you need to look into details on your end. The char playing was CharcoalEater, not sure who the enemy Syndra was. Good luck!

Normal 5v5
Loss
10 hours ago
~37 mins
Game Length
5 Kills
8 Deaths
3 Assists
Gold
Minions
Losing Team
WTF Teeemo
PimpB0t5000
ShesOverThere
CharcoalEater
WTF WW
VS
Winning Team
StaticLeague
Xannathus
prothanyou
Luxetta
SkyRiTz
Damage Dealt 193,686
Damage Received 23,259
Healing Done 2,981
Largest Multi-Kill 1
Time Spent Dead 373
Turrets Destroyed 4

SiriusStarr

08-02-2013

WTF Teemo's answer makes sense. When this happened to me (as reported here: http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com....php?t=3707082) I was playing against Singed, so he probably tossed my turret right before the bug happened. Now that it can be replicated, hopefully we can get a fix soon!

Kari Arisu

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF Teeemo View Post
How to duplicate:

3. Have the syndra grab his turrets with "force of will" and toss them over a wall or bush. Our Heimer was mid, not sure if that matters. But She tossed them into the mid top bush, they were placed directly in the path of oncoming minions.
4. Heimerdinger can now not cast any turrets and the spell timer says 2 million.
5. Kill Heimerdinger in attempt to restart turrets, just run into a tower. He can now only place 2 turrets no matter what each death. After placing 2 turrets anywhere on the map (after dieing), the cooldown on his spell is over 2 million seconds and he can't place any more.

So somehow sydra's spell toss turns heimers turret into a minion and breaks the recast timer where when he summons a new turret, it usually removes the oldest one. I suspect that moving the turret disassociates it in some way. I went on LOLking and grabbed the details of a match this actually occurred in, if perhaps you need to look into details on your end. The char playing was CharcoalEater, not sure who the enemy Syndra was. Good luck!
Hopefully Dannamoth comes back to see this!

I'll check as soon as I can to see if I can also replicate this.

I can confirm that in my match, Syndra definitely threw my turrets into a bush at some point.

[EDIT]
Tried it, but couldn't reproduce the bug.

Dannamoth

QA Analyst

Follow Dannamoth on Twitter

08-02-2013
2 of 3 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF Teeemo View Post
How to duplicate:

I wasn't able to reproduce it using Syndra and Heimer with what you suggested or a variety of other situations. Are you able to consistently reproduce it with syndra?

Cracky11

08-02-2013

I encountered this bug when I was not playing against syndra in an Aram.
The bug does seem to occur in later levels.

I also was leveing my w ahead of q.
I also seemed to encouter it after using my ult.

I also am 90% sure that the cooldown is 2^31 precisely although it does start to tick down.

powerbats

08-02-2013

My game was aram and Syndra was the cause of it, after I put 1 or 2 turrets down and she hit me with her spells, either knockback or big spell it went on the huge cooldown, I might have the replay available, have to see if it still works though.