so I "applied" to Riot a while ago...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CheZai

Recruiting Coordinator

08-02-2013
43 of 151 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brennivin View Post
If Riot ever built a cafeteria/restaurant and hired chefs, would they be considered Reds?

>.>

<.<
Hey Brennivin,

I'm sure they would be. Also, if we were to hire chefs, I would definitely want to be part of the interview process *OMNOMNOMNOMNOM*

CheZai

Recruiting Coordinator

08-02-2013
44 of 151 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nj the ii View Post
no they'd be called feeders
lawlz

KSolaire

08-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Chezai View Post
Hey KSolaire,

They do exactly what it says they do in the job description. A TL;DR would read something along the lines of: review many hours of video, identify the message we want to share with our audience, create a masterpiece.

Hope that helps
Thanks a lot!

meadow

08-02-2013

Meh, I applied a while back for Forum Coordinator but exception of the automated reply message I've not received anything back for a loooong while.

And I thought I was making a good chance atleast for a message or something but... Nothing happens.

~Eerie sound here~

Crazycatnutz

08-02-2013

How would riot games like a private chef... :-)thats my department and i want to work for riot considering i cant do anything useful on a computer for you.. except play LoL and give you this option to take a chef in.

Original Thresh

08-02-2013

All these wanna-be Chefs...

Anyway. Just going to give you guys a hint here.

The less money Riot spends on hiring people for non-game development jobs, then that's the more money that will hopefully go into working on the game and keeping the servers running.

Just something to consider.

I'd love to work for Riot as well, but I believe my title would be something similar to "Lego Builder" or at best, "Lore Brainstormer".

I'd rather not be that hindrance to the game production.

Saga of Ilthire

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-02-2013

I just wanted to chime in and say this thread is awesome.

TheXthDoctor

08-02-2013

Chezai, if you're still around I'd like to ask a question of my own. If you can help me I'd be grateful.

I've always enjoyed doing the sort of behind-the-scenes work that goes into stage/broadcasting productions. Now that Riot has the LCS, it's piqued my interest in working on that team. I've been looking at the Riot Careers site for anything I can apply related to that department, and I couldn't find much, if anything.

Is there somewhere else I have to apply to look for a job there? Are there any open positions?

Another thing that I didn't know about was requirements for the position. Obviously if you're applying to a programming job you'd need a CS degree, etc. Is there a certain kind of education you'd need for the area I'm looking to apply for?

Sizmic

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-02-2013

@ Chezai

Thank you for the response I appreciate it.

TriSpada Kotori

08-02-2013

Given the relative difficulty of working on something as delicate as server architecture, how much experience should we have on the basics like C++ and Java? Is there a high standard set on side projects sent in with the résumé? Should there be a lack of a sizable project built with software also used at Riot, is someone "willing to learn" going to be considered?

Thanks in advance~