Skarner, I miss your kind

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Spyfellow

08-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feynt View Post
Where was this sort of thread when Karma's rework was happening? >.>
I think the firestorm of negative that followed her release, is what caused future reworks to include a threat like this.

ThatBlondGuy

08-01-2013

• What are the most fun aspects of playing Skarner?
Deciding in a teamfight that an adc will come with you and be your pet for a few seconds xD

• What are the most frustrating/unfun aspects of playing Skarner?
Early ganks, if allies don't help much, consisting of coming in, spinning a little, shooting a crystal and leaving with nothing

• What are the most frustrating aspects of playing against Skarner?
If I saw anyone other than me play him, I may have an answer.

• Are there champions that do Skarner’s job better than he does? Why?
With the uniqueness of his ult, I don't think so. The suppress with movement and Q allowed gives many options in 1v1 and teamfights. (if the ult is ignored, hes nothing special unfortunately)

Flyheal

08-01-2013

Skarner may not have the same presence in the jungle he's had before but he found a nice little spot in toplane as an AP bruiser.

his strength really lyes in his sustain and tankiness.
eyemthestron9est has told me about it and is the one to have started pulling him out.

when built as an AP bruiser he feels as strong as an evelynn but survives WAYYY longer than she does even if she were to hit a 5man ult.

VenIM

08-01-2013

I think I possible fix would be to swap the effects from Skarners Q and his E,
If the second hit from his AOE Attack on his Q activated a small heal, and his E was changed to a ranged slowing attack. It would fix a lot of skarners issues:

It would make him more reliable in lane, team fights, and the jungle.
It would get rid of his permaslow, and replace it with a ranged slow that could work as a gap closer.
It would make him have the choice between gank efficiency and jungle sustain.

I do worry that the idea makes him slightly op.

DJGSPOT69

Raiyn

08-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotScruffy View Post
If he ends up being completely unviable top lane, we can always put the heal back on E.

He will be completely unviable top lane without his heal because his heal allowed him to bait and turn on people. I have no chance now vs people who don't AA. Singed will now wreck skarner top, malphite, anyone who doesn't care to AA. Top skarner needs his heal to exist, especially since buying any sustain on him is unrealistic - Vamp scepter on skarner?...

MajorPain9

08-01-2013

So far it looks like there are three groups of players posting:

Skarner mains that dont want heal removed.

Skarner mains that dont want perma slow removed.

Everyone else that doesn't play skarner and thinks these are buffs.

VenIM

08-01-2013

Dear scruffy,

I like the slow on his E, but I think him having 2 slows and that ult is a bit op. His q doesn't need a slow, if he gets Iceborne gauntlet, he already gets a slow spam. Maybe give q some other effect like armor or magic resist reduction? Or it's own heal?

Alternatively, I think he kind of needs a heal. Could his sheild maybe give him spell vamp?

Also one last clarification. When talking about his ult you mentioned it was a channel that hold an enemy down. Is it like Malzagars ult? Or can skarner still pull the enemy?

RiotScruffy

Game Designer

08-01-2013
16 of 35 Riot Posts

Quick update, the new slow on E decreasing over time didn't feel great with skarner's playstyle of keeping up with the target over the long term rather than up front burst damage. Testing a new version where the slow is a constant 40/45/50/55/60 (by level) for 3s. This should be good.

Also, I am going to do some top lane tests and report back with how that goes.

VenIM

08-01-2013

I think your changes to skarners E are headed in the right direction.