Champions That Need Graphic Remakes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LaxIsBack

07-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot DudeBro View Post
I don't know what you're talking about honestly.
As far as Jax goes, he'll get an update. One thing I've learned while being at Riot is Jax fans are diehard fans (and I mean this in a good way). Like most people are like "yeah I love "_____" champ, so cool" but Jax players are like "J@KHDKHD%^@!!!!!" So when we do get around to reworking Jax; we'll need extra time to match the passion Jax players have.
Thanks for the replay, you are a Bro dude

i will sit patiently here waiting for his VU. (the necesary time, even if are years)

Other question:

do you plan on fixing the model of other champions, not visual updates, fixing issues with their models, like garen walk animation, is a bit... silly, other case would be ahri, her tails are a bit out of place and dont apear to come from the lower part of her back.

thanks for your time

CynicalGiant

07-31-2013

I just want Nasus to have actual awesome looking animations like Renekton.

Riot DudeBro

VFX Artist

07-31-2013
11 of 13 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaxIsBack View Post
Thanks for the replay, you are a Bro dude

i will sit patiently here waiting for his VU. (the necesary time, even if are years)

Other question:

do you plan on fixing the model of other champions, not visual updates, fixing issues with their models, like garen walk animation, is a bit... silly, other case would be ahri, her tails are a bit out of place and dont apear to come from the lower part of her back.

thanks for your time
Well for the most part we are talking VU. When we dive into a VU, we usually make a new rig, a new model, all new textures, all new animations, all new spell effects, all new sounds, new VO, the whole nine. We are trying to treat them as if they are a brand new champ so we use all the same resources available to us as the folks working on new champs. My person mission while doing VU's is make their spell effects look cleaner and easier to read, as well as some back end stuff to make the implementation of the particles super clean and efficient. That way it's easier for us to make skins in the future

So it's the whole nine yards basically.

Riot DudeBro

VFX Artist

07-31-2013
12 of 13 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzley117 View Post
Kassadin needs one, I think. Riot Dudebro, what do you think, any news on his VU? All his skins are just recolors. Harbinger is a little different but not by much They all have a lot of potential to be really good looking skins.
We agree, Kassadin needs a re-do. We have an awesome character artist who loves Kass; so be assured you have someone here who shares your same vision. I know he will make him look amazing. Maybe he'll even learn how to play him better

Decube

07-31-2013

i feel like Veigar needs a pretty massive overhaul. his design feels cheap and awkward. i think he could be much better represented than a cone wearing a hat with one large hand.

LaxIsBack

07-31-2013

Quote:
Well for the most part we are talking VU. When we dive into a VU, we usually make a new rig, a new model, all new textures, all new animations, all new spell effects, all new sounds, new VO, the whole nine. We are trying to treat them as if they are a brand new champ so we use all the same resources available to us as the folks working on new champs. My person mission while doing VU's is make their spell effects look cleaner and easier to read, as well as some back end stuff to make the implementation of the particles super clean and efficient. That way it's easier for us to make skins in the future

So it's the whole nine yards basically.
thanks a lot for your replays, i am learning a lot, i really apretiate it

i have other question (sorry i am really curius).

I remember back when foxfire ahri was released, the color of her orb was blue, if i am not wrong the reason was that would be a mess of colors with the ball changing from red to green, so, at this time, do you would find this as problem again? or could you find a way to combine better the colors for future skins?

Quote:
We agree, Kassadin needs a re-do. We have an awesome character artist who loves Kass; so be assured you have someone here who shares your same vision. I know he will make him look amazing. Maybe he'll even learn how to play him better
so.... when gonna this artist show himself???

TerraRising

07-31-2013

I have a question:

Why are the models of Karthus, Kassadin and most of Morgana's skins (except Blade Mistress) basically hollow save for the head? Was this a shortcut the original artists took, even though Morgana has a large number of skins already?

Ralik098

07-31-2013

Any chance you will fix Irelia's hair somewhat soon like you did with Kat?

Yokel85

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-31-2013

Quote:
I don't know what you're talking about honestly.
As far as Jax goes, he'll get an update. One thing I've learned while being at Riot is Jax fans are diehard fans (and I mean this in a good way). Like most people are like "yeah I love "_____" champ, so cool" but Jax players are like "J@KHDKHD%^@!!!!!" So when we do get around to reworking Jax; we'll need extra time to match the passion Jax players have.
Am I the only one reading this as, "Jax will get a better, more thorough VU than your favorite champion because Jax players care more."?

Kinda ****ty there, bro.

DreadSmite

07-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sdfte View Post
My 3 are:
1. Fiddle - I agree here, I wish Fiddle was more dynamic
2. Sivir - Her slow motion running and minecraft look bother me.
3. Ezreal - He doesn't look like an explorer, more of a school boy who stole iron man's 1st glove.
Yea, with Fiddle I mostly want to see a better Ultimate effect, just painted on crows beneath his feet is kind of dumb looking. I want to see actual crows rise above his head and tear people apart.