Skins are too pricey

First Riot Post
12345612 ... 22
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EmissaryShadow

Emissary of the League

12-14-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miirik View Post
so yeah... if anyone could tell me skin prices that would be frikken awesome! I do like the snowbunny nidella ^_^ i finally have a job and money o_o can i buy points online with a visa gift card that i can get from my local bank? O_o
Yes, yes you can.

Ad Victoriam

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-14-2009

I think the skins are fine the way they're priced. The only time I'd buy them though would be for Holiday skins or with leftover RP after buying a champion pack or IP boost or something...

Mithos

12-14-2009

I agree, I think it's absurd some skins are so expensive, especially since they aren't standardized. If their cost were lowered, more people would be willing to buy them. I bought the collector's edition while the game was still in closed beta, and I enjoy playing it on a regular basis. I would like to be able to support riot but I can't when I don't feel I'm getting my $'s worth.

EmissaryShadow

Emissary of the League

12-14-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithos View Post
I agree, I think it's absurd some skins are so expensive, especially since they aren't standardized. If their cost were lowered, more people would be willing to buy them. I bought the collector's edition while the game was still in closed beta, and I enjoy playing it on a regular basis. I would like to be able to support riot but I can't when I don't feel I'm getting my $'s worth.
Personally I'd like to see a discount too, but I bought a few of the ones I liked. Other people continue to buy skins at the current price, and so I don't see prices falling soon.

Benedict Arnold

12-14-2009

Skin prices are fine the way they are. If they are too low, then everyone will have them, and then nobody would care about skins.

DunderFunker

12-14-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benedict Arnold View Post
Skin prices are fine the way they are. If they are too low, then everyone will have them, and then nobody would care about skins.
unless they made a plethora of skins...like 2-4 on each champ...that would be sweet at about 3 bucks a piece

Danbotica

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-14-2009

Random prices are lame, ESPECIALLY when there are massive discount to the expensive one's that some of us...cough...actually bought.

Harumph!

Zileas

VP of Game Design

12-14-2009
1 of 1 Riot Posts

I'll forward this to Chris. I think it's fair to say that we aren't entirely sure what the right price on skins is. It is probably different for different skins though.... Gentleman Chogath is probably more valuable than Rusty Steam Golem. OF course, nothing is better than gentleman Chogath...

Truhls

12-14-2009

they should NEVER be more then 5 dollars. ever. the prices for most of the skins now are just bonkers.

ShadowOrigin

12-14-2009

Actually I can partially agree. The skins should not be related to champion price. Just because Twitch is one of the most expensive champions in-game, does not mean that he should also be one of the most expensive to buy skins for.

Keeping it at 520 for every skin by default seems like the best idea.

12345612 ... 22